Palace Discussion

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by bridgetteI, Jan 3, 2007.

1. bridgetteI

bridgetteI Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    wondering has anyone stayed at sun palace since it opened and what it is like

2. alasadourian

alasadourian Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sun Palace

I haven't gone to Sun Palace, however my aunt just got back and said it was WONDERFUL. She would suggest it to anyone.

I'm actually going Memorial day weekend, however I'm trying to debate between Cancun Palace and Moon Palace. My aunt said Cancun Palace still is a bit under construction and that the ceilings are leaking water currently. I wanted to stay at the Sun, but my boyfriend wanted something with more activity, so looks like the Moon Palace for me. Have you been to any other Palace resorts? I have a time share, actually signed up at Aventura Spa last year, what a divine place!!

Ange

3. Denise-n-Jayson

Denise-n-Jayson Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ange, We are Palace Resorts members and have stayed at the Moon Palace 4 times. WE LOVE IT!!! There's so much to do all day and night. The biggest draw for us is the disco that's open until 3am. The size can be overwhelming. We skipped our trip last year and with the Golf Suites now open, it's just even larger. We usually go the last week of April and the crowds are w/in reason. I understand it starts getting crazy in June, so you should be OK for end of May.

I understand that Cancun is having slight issues due to their recent reopening, but by May they HAVE to have all that worked out. We are staying at Cancun Palace this year. 4/20 - 4/30. We fully expect all the kinks to be worked out by then!

If you have any questions, PM me - I'm happy to share!

Have fun!

4. ELLABEAR424

ELLABEAR424 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Denise-n-Jayson,
    How crazy have you heard that it gets in June? I plan on staying at the Cancun Palace June 22nd. Not spring break kind of crazy?????
    I will have my 70yr mom and my daughter and my 18 yr old niece.
    Details on what you've heard PLZ. :)

Ellabear424

5. LiTTLEMiSSJENNA

LiTTLEMiSSJENNA Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ella, i never been to cancun- but i am a college student and have alot of friends who have been there, i think in june you will get more summer crowds and families. Spring break crazy is prime in march and beginning of april. After that you should be pretty clear im assuming =)

6. ELLABEAR424

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Jenna,
    My mom is crazy (70yrs. old) but I don't think that she would want to experience serious spring break antics. Heck, I would be afraid that she might join. :flash: j/k

I will never forget being in the bathroom at some club while a girl laid on the nasty, wet, stinky floor yelling "I am not a f*#@ing virgin." She yelled it over and over. That had to be the worst for her but funny as hell for me. :D

Ellabear424

7. Denise-n-Jayson

Denise-n-Jayson Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ella,

NOT SPRING BREAK CRAZY!! Jenna's right, more vacationers, high school and families. It's a less expensive season to go and prior to hurricane season, so it draws more families. Busier than April/May, but not insane like Spring Break.

You three sassy ladies will have a great time!! :D

8. mitchellfam

mitchellfam Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've stayed at XpuHa (our favorite, pre hurricanes) and Moon Palace. We visited Beach Palace.

We were at Moon Palace in July...it was crowded...but we always found places by the pool...and places to sit to eat...we didn't do the club thing, as we had our young children with us...so not sure about that....but I will say that when you line up outside the lobby in the mornings for the free bus transfer to the hotel zone, there is quite a line...as well as when you go for your tours. Be prepared for that line....

We've been in April and June too....June is our favorite month weather-wise...we missed one hurricane by 4 days when we went to Moon Palace at the end of July.

9. ELLABEAR424

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    HOLD YOUR APPLAUSE!!!
    I have worked my fingers to the bone, clicking away, trying to find us some information.
    Here is what I have found!!!

http://cancuntrip.homestead.com/index.html

Let me know if you are able to see the pics.

ELLABEAR424

10. mitchellfam

mitchellfam Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    :D great find!!!! way to go!!! :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice