Packing list

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Theoriginalparrotthead, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Ademanda

Ademanda Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    HEY Jamie

Chris's list didn't include luggage scales, i know you have them !!!! i used them last yr !!!!!

2. MelnReg

MelnReg I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0
    A couple of years ago we bought a cheap hand held luggage scale. It is AWESOME and reads exactly what the digital scales read at the airport everytime. Never have to guess how much lbs. we have going or coming and avoids the last minute shufffling of stuff at the check in desk to get under the 50lbs. So worth it!

3. BevNKevN

BevNKevN Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Customs is concerned about whether you are bringing large amounts of cash both ways. They want to know if you've been to farms, are transporting fruits, samples, stuff like such.

I stand by what I said before, take half the clothes and twice the money and you'll be fine! Ashtrays (cenicero) you can ask housekeeping for. Febreeze or a room freshener is a must. You can pick those up at Walmart if you need to. Same for a small medical kit. I would recommend bringing any non-prescription medications you think you might need. It's not easy to find the exact thing sometimes. There is a farmacia right across the street from the resort.

Don't take a lot of cotton as it just never dries. A Tide stick and some laundry soap to clean your clothes (I don't know about you but I'm messy after 6 shots of tequila) and you should be good to go.

Hats are cheap at the mini-super to the left of the resort.

4. Just Jeff

Just Jeff Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    The absolute BEST investment you can make ($14 - $20) is buy a small digital travel scale that you attach around the handle of your suite case and use it to pick up your luggage and weigh it. I got it on sale, but this is the exact one we use. We just slip it into our carry on after we check our suitcases at TTR before heading home. It has always been within 2/10ths of a lb. It has saved us that embarrassing moment when we put it on the scale to check it in. :aktion033: Since we bought that, we never worry about our luggage being over.

The Container Store > Digital Luggage Scale

~Jill~

5. FuzzyD

FuzzyD Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Digital travel scales are awesome! Especially for those of us who stock up on tequila in Mexico and load our suitcases to the max :)

6. Randy&Kay

Randy&Kay Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +140 / 0
    part of the reason we hit walmart upon arrival. dont like to pack that much stuff.

7. GSpot69

GSpot69 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +91 / 0
    Thanks I will have to remember this because you're right when saying the "base 10 is never enough"

8. WnC

WnC Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +151 / 0
    Packing for TTR

Ok, we checked everyone's must pack items and have those. Now we are laying out our clothes and essentials with 15 days before we leave.

How far in advance do you pack?
    What do you bring too much of?
    What did you wish you packed?
    Ok, how do you pack your toys?

See you soon

WnC.

9. scottydog

scottydog I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,126 / 2
    Easy to pack way too much as all day every day all we wear is swim trunks for me and a bikini for her. Clothes for dinner and Paty 'O's and toiletries are really all we need as we never leave the resort except for the Boobs Cruise.

10. tonyaandgreg

tonyaandgreg Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0
    An extra pair of reading glasses for those over 40. I broke my pair last year and had to go to quite a few local shops before I found a pair of hideous looking but functional ones.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice