P.F. Chang's Comes to Mexico

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Jim in Cancun, May 18, 2009.

1. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You are right, it is and I think the name is California!

2. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think we're talking about Supersalads, http://www.supersalads.com/
    Even though their website doesn't list Cancun (bienvenidos a websites en Mexico), they are located on Nichupte.

Didn't TJ post an early, enthusiastic review of this place?

3. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was wondering if Supersalads was a franchise. After a review from someone, I went once. Never went back. So-so food and piss-poor service.

4. Susan in Cancun

Susan in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    restaurants

There was the California Buffet or something like that. It was behind Commercial Mexicana...across Uxmal from Migracion, more or less. Anyway, last week, I saw a "se renta" sign in the window and I think the sign was gone. It wasn't very tasty anyway.

5. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    When SuperSalad opened it had wraps on the menu which were great...then they dropped them from the menu. I'm 95% sure that place is a chain or franchise, there are multiple locations at least.

California has two locations that I know of in Cancun, one near INM and one near Costco. I'm pretty sure it's also a chain. The food is horrible there. The very worst meal I've ever eaten in my life was in the California near Costco. Never again.

6. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Italiani's is a TGI Friday's affiliate. I think the parent company is Carllson or Carlson Group or something like that. I think the same company is or was the parent company of Radisson. Too lazy to look it up.

7. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks, TJ. Strange (at least in my eyes) that TGIFriday's didn't last and Italiani's did.

8. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I ate at Italianni's in both Paseo Cancun and in La Isla during the same week. And I got the same meal in both restaurants. The food in the La Isla location was about 10 times better than the one in Paseo Cancun. I think they must have a far better chef there. I was really struck by how much better the La Isla location was, it was impressive.

9. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The food is ok. What I have a problem with is the service-or rather lack thereof. I prefer rolandi's.

10. SamCancun

SamCancun Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey Jim, Can you let me know some more about Rolandi's, i take it your talking about the one just as you get in the center of the hotel zone, almost opposite the big Mexican bazaar? Is it a nice place to take someone for a romantic meal and what's the food like?

I really liked the food in Itallianis in La Isla, lovely food, yes service wasn't great and they're really shitty at the door when you ask about their offer, even though it clearly doesn't state what time it is available they insist it is only available in the day time, if they were in England (and i'm sure most other countries that respect consumer rights laws) they'd have to honour it at any time if they didn't print when the offer was available but not here, they just get angry at you for asking!! It's like in a restaurant if you complain, in England they'd change your bill, apologize and do everything they could to make it right, here they are offended and look like they want to fight you for even thinking of complaining! Although according to a nutrition website i read the other day, complaining is acidic and we need to stick to the alkaline, so best to keep your mouth shut if you want to stay healthy :lol:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice