P.F. Chang's Comes to Mexico

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Jim in Cancun, May 18, 2009.

1. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Can't wait til they get to Cancun!

http://tinyurl.com/qtx377

Mexico City first of course but then where next would be logical??? Hopefully Cancun!

2. Life_N_Cancun

Life_N_Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Never heard of'em..... call me crazy, but I'm still waiting on a Taco Bell.

So I can have some good authentic tacos!

*Authentic American style tacos!

3. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The two I am waiting on are IHOP and a good authentic Deli--Dr. Brown's cream soda, chopped chicken liver with a thick slice of red onion on rye--and I am on a diet now so don't get me started!!

4. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Amen, amen! Corned beef on rye, a knish, cole slaw, pastrami, rare roast beef, real pickles and all the rest. How I miss it all, the progenitors of Lipitor.

Actually, the place upstairs at Plaza Caracol has pretty good corned beef and pastrami, but you have to intervene before they mount the meat on the micrometer and cut it so thin you can read through the slices. Prices are around the same as for gold leaf, but sometimes you just have to surrender.

5. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  6. BVG_Steve

BVG_Steve Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Jim I am coming down in 2 weeks, we have a bunch of them here in South Florida inasmuch as the NYC Jewish population moves here at retirement. My fave is Ben's best in Boca and Forest Hills NY but I prefer the DR Browns Black Cherry myself

7. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    PFC's. Wow. I cannot wait for some Lettuce Chicken Wraps and Shrimp With Lobster Sauce.

8. Life_N_Cancun

Life_N_Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    LoL... if past examples of franchise restaurants coming here serve as any example (ie: Churches Chicken) they will butcher the menu horribly, inflate the prices, and not last more then 6 months..... but then again, I could be wrong... after all, I was WAY wrong predicting Starbucks would crash and burn here....

9. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    OK--it's a slow Sunday--let's see how many cases we have like that:
    1.- butchered the menu and
    2.- only lasted 6 months.

McDonald's
    Burger King
    Carl Jr's
    KFC
    Pizza Hut
    Dominos
    Applebee's
    Harry's
    The Palm (was that the name--steak house at El Presidente--lasted only a couple of years)
    Ruth's Chris
    Johnny Rocket
    Tony Roma's (gone after 20 years or so)

Ok, so which ones have I forgotten? How many have not made it? Why?

10. Life_N_Cancun

Life_N_Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Actually I think the Carl's Jr is going out as we speak at least the one at Paseos Cancun.... and I'm pretty sure that Applebees will be closing up soon too.....

Let me rephrase that to say.. since I've been here... all of the others were already established, and the last 4 I had never heard of until coming to Cancun.. they are widespread places from the States and not just tourist catered places?... and what is "Harry's"?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice