Overseas Shpping to Cancun?

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Windknot, Nov 1, 2008.

1. Windknot

Windknot Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    TJ....who ever said I could spell???????? :lol: ..And besides, this is just an exploratory type of thing. I've already decided to do that with the bulk of the furniture, as it was bought with a different part of Mexico in mind. (Somehow, methinks mission-style furniture just doesn't cut it when put near a tropical beach) This home will be a lot less formal...lots of open spaces...and wicker/rattan.

But a lot of what I have is one-of-a-kind stuff (like artwork) and bunches of quality cookware, which is unobtainable in Mexico. So it never hurts to explore all possibilities.

2. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    As I understand it Julio's kids all have the same mom. The family just lives on both sides of the border, a couple of days a week on one side and a couple of days on the other. But you know I wasn't really asking a lot of questions, I just picked up the information that he floated. One of his American sons came to Cancun with the truck, nice kid.

3. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    We arrived with 3 suitcases, one with my PC in it, another with baby stuff. The other was essential items, like my football boots I've never worn here and signed autobiographies I've never read. Moving is a really good opportunity to get rid of the tons of crap you've accumulated over the years.

Please, let's keep the 'picking holes in Spanish spelling' jibes down please. Most of the expats on this forum are not fluent with their Spanish, but as long as they try that's all that matters.

4. southwardbound

southwardbound Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Any updates on moving furniture/household goods to Mexico? We're moving from NYC to Cancun and considering Linea Peninsular. Any help is appreciated!

5. ExploreCun

ExploreCun Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi guys,

Here is my update: We used a company called LA Logistics in Miami. These guys know their business. They handled both the export on the US side and the import on the Mexican side. Their broker in Cancun speaks perfect English, which was my biggest worry. We are not residents of Mexico so we used our tourist visas + US Passports to import a 20-foot container worth of goodies. This was not a menaje de casa but it was an import that required lots of logistics.
    They handled all our documents and took care of all the details. They specialize in household relocation services to Mexico from their office/warehouse in Miami. Ask for Mr. Valencia. You can contact them via their website at www.lainternationalservices.com / 305-600-2064. email: traffic@lainternationalservices.com

6. Pamela Kelly Sztyblewski

Pamela Kelly Sztyblewski Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I've had horror stories since I got here, namely of things not arriving even through Amazon.com. It's been a month and a half and I'm still waiting for prescription glasses to arrive from - what I thought was through a company in the States but turns out they ship from their lab in Hong Kong. The extension cord for my Mac adapter which I thought was a good deal at only €7.99 never arrived; it was tracked at arriving at the delivery point in MERIDA and then a Sunday delivery attempt was made in MERIDA but this is Cancun! I've started the return claim even though it never GOT here.

Yeah, I just checked my Amazon account and it's finally "being returned to Amazon" because I put in for cancellation when it got mis-delivered in Merida in the first place. That's not even in the same STATE as Cancun!

It would appear that anything sent DHL is about the only way anything is arriving in Mexico and at the right address. And you'd bloody well better be at the door when the DHL guy arrives. Through Text Tracking I have with amazon Prime whenever the shipping method is DHL. amazon usually knows this...usually...

7. Cancunscorpio

Cancunscorpio Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    Extension cord for a Mac adapter? Out of all things? I can bet you ANY money that that one is definitely available at any Apple or any major electronic store in Cancun or Playa.
    WHY did you have to order it through Amazon??????? What's with that Western trend to order everything through Amazon when the required thing is right around the corner???

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice