Overnight Golf Cart on Isla Mujeres

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by pcuezze, Jul 18, 2007.

1. pcuezze

pcuezze Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi everyone. I'm sorry as I know I've seen this topic raised, but after trying to search I can't find what I'm looking for.

I'm going to Cancun tomorrow and staying at the Omni. However, we're going to a wedding at Zama on Sunday and staying at Rolandi that night. I'd like to get a golf cart that we can keep overnight. Is that possible? What are the overnight rates, downfalls, etc.

Again, I apologize if this has been asked. I'm so excited to have 6 days kid free....

Patrick

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    Everything is possible in Mexico!

Daily rates for a cart are normally like $45, but I'm not sure if they normally charge per 24 hours or per calendar day.

Say you pick it up at 1pm and drop it off before 1pm the next day you should only get charged for 1 day.

Explain to them how long you need it for and if the first place says it will be a two day charge then move on and try at the next. They'll probably chase you down the street for your business.

3. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes, everything is possible, but I think they will charge you more, the daily rates that are posted are usually good for up to 5 pm, extra after that. Bargain and negotiate and find the fit for you, there are tonnes of operations. (I would also contact Rolandi's and see if they can't help you out, from my understanding they are a class act and should go out of their way to help their guests).

Lucky, great spots you get to visit!

4. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    God I love mexico!

5. CancunTom

CancunTom Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Isla Golf Carts

We spent the entire week on Isla the first week of March this year. We rented twice for 24 hours. It was $55 USD and if you checked it out at say...... 11am you had to return it just before 11am the following day. If you rent for the day it cost $45 USD and it had to be returned the same day, before they closed which was 6pm where we rented. They opened at 9am so if daily is your need get there early so you have it for the max hours.

6. DataAriaNuZoo

DataAriaNuZoo Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Which place was that (that you rented at), Tom?

7. CancunTom

CancunTom Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Golf Carts

There are many, but this is the one we used. They have a professionally run office and nice clean well maintained carts. They are located downtown at #1 Av. Guerrero, between Lopez Mateos and and Matamoros and was called Ciro's. We could not find any flexibliltiy on prices, but it is understandable as the cart rental business is a monoply on such a small island. The only way we could find anything less expensive was to rent a scooter or a moped. The cart is one of the most fun ways to see Isla in a laid back leisurely style.
    By the way we also spent a day at the Zama Beach Club and it was wonderful! Great food, 2 beautiful pools, perfect beach, nice water front, and even a pier to walk out on. Clean cabanas and lockers, excellent rest room facilities. Oh and also very affordable, all the facilities are free if you just stop to have a meal and drinks. Zama's is highly recommended by us.

8. DataAriaNuZoo

DataAriaNuZoo Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thomas, you are always a wealth on knowledge about one of the most overlooked and underappreciated factes of Q Roo - so close, yet so neglected. That's probably why it's still nice.

By the way, wasn't there some talk about you moving there, or was that just my imagination

Thank You Once Again

9. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    Tom did buy a place and is moving here in the New Year, not on Isla Mujeres though.

A nice part of downtown Cancun, eh Tom?!

10. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Speaking of Mega Ciro's, here's their unofficial website. If it has no expiration, you can use their coupon for 10% off a 24-hr golf cart rental!!!
    http://ciros.myislamujeres.com/

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice