Outcome of Meeting with Oasis Viva

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Viva' started by Steve, Nov 6, 2013.

1. slopoke3

slopoke3 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +334 / 0
    A group of ten of us did an extensive tour and were provided with detailed information last week. Overall we were impressed. The physical layout is very different than Temptation ...... but, definitely many possibilities for fun sexy adventures. PM us if you have any specific questions.

2. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    I did some more research on the prices of the room types and no where can I find anything but grand ocean view. I wanted to see the price of those rooftop jacuzzi rooms.

What I did find was alpharooms was $165 a night, grandoasisviva.com which is actually a travel agency is $190something a night and the official oasis site is $208 a night. So definitely a lot of variation without knowing which type of room you will be getting. Likely they are still getting organized with how to sell the new concept and room types.

3. iowa farmers

iowa farmers Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +995 / 10
    very very awesome. hope the safety deposit boxes are in room and not lobby area. What will be in room? Looking at dates of Feb 26 - March 4. Was going to split between the two hotels B4 we knew about this hotel transition. WOW maybe we stay at GOV the entire time for a change. thru orbitz they are $231 / night comp to TTR at $301. We are just about to push the res button. ahhhhh tough decision. maybe GOV and day pass to TTR to see how its looking. ? M&M

4. jeff & deb

jeff & deb I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0

In my own words, I think they are looking for a more classy, less drunken crazy crazy vibe and a more sophisticated, refined, elegant vibe with some crazy on the side.

I really don't know how this would work... I have never had a issue with the large groups that come to TTR, however I have read a few reports where others had... I find it difficult to imagine how this place can be both classy, less drunken crazy vibe... and also cater to large groups of singles either female or male.. Not sure if its just me but large groups = wild crazy party.

And Thank you Steve and Janet for taking the time to check this out and informing us all, with this information I would feel better making a decision.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
  5. marshe

marshe The Original Hottie and Hellraiser Registered Member

when not on vacation, home based 25 mns from Toron
    Ratings:
    +1,770 / 4
    Steve great job on this!!!!

It would appear that they gave you and Jannet the tour I was hoping for.
    You were able to uncover info that we were trying to attain.
    Luved your style on dispensing your findings in bite sized sections.
    And your articulation was superb
    that is why you are the Cancuncare master

(I still remain skeptical--- and loyal to TTR-- and as they say Ï am ''from Missouri, the show me state" about GOV)

thanks Steve

6. Tim and Alysia

Tim and Alysia Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    the safe When we went and took a tour a couple of weeks ago, we were told that all rooms are ocean view, some have balconies and some dont.

7. iowa farmers

iowa farmers Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +995 / 10
    any suggestions on booking this hotel for best rate? orbitz has is less than TTR by $70 for our dates. Steve can you maybe start a forum for who is attending, like TTR please. M&M

8. Johnny & Amanda

Johnny & Amanda Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +91 / 1
    We booked Temptations for March via American express 9 nights $3200 flights included. I looked up this hotel, same time with flights its $2100. So I called and American express will let me change my booking. We are not sure what to do. I like saving money but don’t want to be bummed out if this hotel is not the fun time we are looking for. We have been to Sandals many times and are kind of bored with them. I am concerned if we change to the Oasis Viva that it will be another sandals vacation. Decisions, Decisions, Decisions????

9. dikfore

dikfore I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +447 / 0
    If you have never been to TTR, i'd recommend either going to TTR, then getting a day/night pass to check out GOV, or maybe vice versa... But if you want to party, then TTR is where its at.

10. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    Easy decision. If you have never been to temptations then you have to try them first. We all love TTR. Just curious about the new option. One of those grass may be greener on the other side situations but you don't know until you try it. I know TTR is great but am hopeful gov will fulfill some gaps. Only time will tell.

Each person has their own opinion of what those 'gaps' are. For us we wish it was a little more upscale from a room and drink/food perspective. We also like the clubs. So gov may fill those gaps. But it may have its own of course.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice