Outcome of Meeting with Oasis Viva

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Viva' started by Steve, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    gym, water sports equipment

The gym is in the sensual 'non topless area'. I was told that a lot of the equipment is going to be replaced shortly. Here's a pic (not a very good one)

[​IMG]

Water sports:
    None at the moment. They have a new contract with Aquaworld to provide non motorised sports, so kayaks, hobie cats etc will be arriving shortly. Jet skis etc will be easily found from sellers on the beach

2. BeatleBarley

BeatleBarley Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Really good stuff, Steve.

I'm seeing the GOV as slightly more expensive than TTR for dates in January and April from the same tour company from Canada.

3. Steve

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    kinky pirate dinner cruise

This is a free of charge event, every Friday from 11pm until 2am.

Long story short, the Captain Hook pirate ship had to find a new departure point and made a deal with another hotel in the Oasis chain to leave from their dock.

Probably as a trade off (my speculation) the Oasis group get free use of the boat once per week and so are able to offer this for free to their guests.

Not sure what the cruise entails but I guess it's another one of those things that will evolve over time and become more adult as more and more 'adult' people take it up.

By the way, I don't see this as a copycat of our Boobs Cruise - just something different.

4. Steve

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    One surprise that I think is really cool, and I'm not sure any other hotel does it in Cancun apart from the Oasis chain.

They have a fleet of pool cars. You can pay $100 per week, or $30 per day and have access to one of their 'baby' cars. As I understand it, there's a refundable insurance fee and you pay your own gas but you just pick up a car and drop it off. Next day you might use a different car, but you still have one available.

Normally, renting a car in Cancun is something I don't recommend, it's expensive, there's a ton of scammers and nowhere really to go that wouldn't be cheaper than going via a tour, taxi or bus.

To me, this seems a fun option that wont break the bank or get you ripped off.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. scottnpam

scottnpam Addict Registered Member

charlottetown, prince edward island, canada
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Steve, really wanna thank you for getting all this great info.....looking like a spot we may try.

Quick question... Do you forsee the Boobs Cruise doing a pick up here?or even a cruise running from here?

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am really liking the multiple semi private hot tubs and the San Kia room/terrace!! Thanks for all the great info!

7. J&I

J&I Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +110 / 0
    Great info, thx Steve

More restaurants & bars choices : great !

Hot tubs : greater !

Pools closing at midnight : that’s awesome !

“Less drunkinness:” that is not for them decide imo. It all depends on the people!

Being open to all other “Oasis” guests: Big potential Deal Breaker for us. That will mean creepers galore. And at 70$ for a day/night pass, that is much less than going out in a night club for groups of douchebags that are looking for "fun". A “sexy vibe” concept cannot be open to everyone to be successful imo. As for attracting new people that would'nt try otherwise, I think that is the role of the tour...

Right now im just hoping that TTR will try to take some of those points to themselves (like the pool being open till midnight!)

8. dikfore

dikfore I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +447 / 0
    I agree completely with you... I'm excited to hear this news about GOV, but I definitely don't think its for us... At least not in April... Maybe later in the future once they get the kinks worked out... The $70 night pass and people allowed from other resorts is my biggest concern.

Any idea what the photography policy is like since its topless optional?

9. Lisa and Darrell

Lisa and Darrell Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    A lot of good information! Thanks Steve!

10. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    Sounds like a step up in quality at the risk of the party not being right at your fingertips. We like to make our own party so I think we have to try it in May. Maybe do both. I found it interesting that the price is the EXACT same as TTR for 3 nights may 1-4 on alpharooms. $165 a night. Doesn't include room type yet but does say adults only.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice