Our Take

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Chet, Apr 26, 2021.

1. FFC/WBA

FFC/WBA Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +573 / 0
    Whilst we've remained optimistic that things would change direction a little, we find Paul and Rayanne's FNT report/assessment so sad but in truth expected. We've been monitoring observations and noting the number of friends that are no longer going to TTR. None of our visits since Reno have been wild and the "entertainment" has got poorer, and last time everyone was off to bed at midnight, we couldn't believe it. If it hadn't been for Covid we would have visited last year and were seriously considering this BUT all the reports to us, point in the wrong direction. We could do a better hotel, cheaper in Cancun and party a couple of times on the Boobs Cruise. Or we go to some of the wilder options on the Med. Had hoped we would never say that but .......

2. FFC/WBA

Ratings:
    +573 / 0
    p.s. I will miss the cheese burger and fries on the way "home" at 2/3 o'clock , same as we miss the old sports pool for a late night "dip".... and the midnight YMCA...happy memories of a wilder past !!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. drew_buckeye

drew_buckeye Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +197 / 0
    Even the cheese burgers have gone down hill after the renovation. We used to LOVE getting cheeseburgers at the end of the night at Patio. Now at Bash we normally just get the fries and pick at a few things sitting out. Not sure why they changed the meat, but we don't like the new hamburgers.

4. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    And now some nights no burgers at all, but tacos...wtf???

5. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,163 / 7
    Thank god. I know I am the minority, but I can't stand burgers at TTR. I don't go to Mexico to eat shit drunken burgers that are mostly grease and toppings. They need to be 1/2 lb honkers with fresh ground ribeye.

But tacos, now that's a different story :)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  6. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    Steve... “I don't go to Mexico to eat shit drunken burgers...”
    That’s because you go to Mexico to be shit drunk and eat burgers...or tacos!

As far as 1/2 lbers...the cook will stack as many patties as you want...trust me, have done 3.

I do miss the burgers before the renovation though.
    After reno not as good.
    And I believe they changed again a bit after the reno (first ones were real bad) to what they serve now.
    They are better from room service and much much better for lunch on rooftop (a different burger more like the 1/2 lbers you prefer.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. Sonny&Andrea

Sonny&Andrea Addict Registered Member

Kentucky for the summer, Texas for the winter.
    Ratings:
    +473 / 1
    I 100% agree with most that has been said. We only go to bash to show off the outfits and see others. We normally leave bash about 11-12 because we just don’t enjoy it. It’s too damn loud and the music sucks. This is coming from two people who love to party. Every single time we have left the last 3 trips to TTR we have said it would be our last. Since finding Desire, we think it is head and shoulders above TTR. We are going back this time for the minimal 3 nights then moving to Pearl, simply because we are swimming with whale sharks, and the excursions leave from Isla. We didn’t want to have a two hour bus ride the morning of the excursion. So we had a specific reason to do TTR this time. If not for that reason we would have started our trip at Catalonia Royal Tulum (topless optional), and ended at Desire. Things we have grown to absolutely hate about TTR.
    1) holy shit the cameras!
    2) singles
    3) bash
    4) quality of booze
    5) lower % of toplessness from the younger crowd. (Wife feels uncomfortable if she is only one of a handful of women topless, and 75% of the other women are wearing their top. As it where most of those wearing tops are normally the one’s who can’t stop taking selfie’s at the pool)

FYI: noticed the burgers has went downhill. Would very much welcome tacos.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. TxCouple84

TxCouple84 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +87 / 1
    We went to TTR from 4/11-16. Had a good time. It was our second trip. I wholly agree that bash is overrated. A lounge would be nice. It’s hard af to talk and plus after drinking all day in the sun it’s a struggle to even have the will to get up at 9-10pm to do anything. We’re going back in August with some friends but we may try Desire next year. The staff at TTR were amazing. It was our second time. The foam party was awesome . The BC was also amazing. This will be our 3rd trip since last year there. I hope the read this forum and know many of us would prefer a lounge in the evening.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  9. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,627 / 4
    That’s interesting. We have gone 5 times in the last six years, and I would say none of those 5 things have ever been an issue. Maybe it’s because we go when it’s a time of many repeat guest?
    I literally don’t ever remember cameras being a problem. I did see some girls taking selfie’s at the pool, but don’t see how that’s a problem? It was actually more funny to watch.

10. FFC/WBA

Ratings:
    +573 / 0
    On our last visit it was a big issue around the pool...J.J. finally came out with his sign board "No Photo's"..... and warned guests. I also had a "Fracas " with the D.J over the crap he was playing, he was driving people away from bash and people having fun and dancing on the stage just cleared off .... he had no idea what a DJ's about

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice