Our Take

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Chet, Apr 26, 2021.

1. L&E

L&E Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +318 / 1
    We also just got back from our 7th trip (only 2nd since renovation) and have to say it's a totally different concept and crowd than what we used to see years ago. The place as a whole has gone mainstream, and seems to be trying to emulate a Miami Beach vibe (which is not a good thing for us). We will definitely be giving Desire a try next time.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,628 / 4
    Nobody really gives much of a trip report of the Desire resorts. It’s hard to know if the things that people don’t like about TTR, are not an issue there? Price is definitely higher, and I wonder, besides the open sex what the draw is?

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. L&E

L&E Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +318 / 1
    Well, the feedback we've received from friends and several others we've talked to indicates that Desire is more about having a "Sexual" vibe instead of a "Sexy" vibe. It's smaller, more intimate, people are generally more on the same page, etc. However, Desire is also less party (especially at Pearl) and somewhat older. We look forward to finding out.

4. Chails

Chails Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +191 / 0
    we’ve been to Desire several times and the only time we have participated or witness open sex is at the beds around the hot tub. And even then it’s really not that in the open. Some people go full nude but most keep their bottoms on. The crowd is different because of the cost and the fact that it is couples only. It is more of a sensual feel. As for party, we probably drink less at Desire but stay up just as late and feel just as exhausted at the end as we do at TTR.

5. dallascpl

dallascpl Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    We went to Pearl last year and almost everyone was fully nude. It is pretty tame during the day. It isn't really a party vibe. Everyone was very friendly and spent the day talking and getting to know everyone. At night the shows and theme parties didn't last long, people went to the hot tub which is where everything happens. We will try Desire RM next time because we enjoyed the nights at Pearl but would like some more going on during the day.

6. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    OP appears spot on after our 20 trips since reno.
    Folks, things are a chsngin’ at TTR and NOT for the better.
    Appears to get worse each trip.
    So we are a split trip couple.
    Hitting TTR for 3 days in June to see some friends and than a week at RM.
    Will visit TTR for Halloween but are thinking of split too...if we can get a room at Pearl or RM.
    Thanks TTR for doubling our vaca cost and ruining a good thing...lol.
    Those whom visited before and since the reno understand.
    The newbies have no idea.
    Still fun but NOT what it was...bummer!

7. Iowa563

Iowa563 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +141 / 0
    I am no veteran TTR with just 4 trips, but I have noticed a considerable change within the last year. Things seem to be a little rowdier, but not in a good way. Last trip, we witnessed several physical altercations and many that could have been if it were not for the quick work of the security team. Kind of reminded me of going to college clubs in my early 20's.

8. Flash2

Flash2 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +569 / 1
    We enjoyed our split trip TTR/DRM this past March/April. We are a pre/post TTR couple...and over the past couple years each time have left thinking it might have been our last TTR trip. We actually preferred our DRM room over TTR, except for our shared balcony. Food is way better. Service was far superior. Nightlife offered more options. It’s what you make of it! DRM crowd is a bit older, but so are we...also that ‘older’ crowd has some advantages. Other than on the beach beds, The only other time we saw open sex was at the beds at the hot tub. Wish more females chose to go nude, I felt like an outcast if/when I did. Mostly men opted for nudity. While pricier, we did overall enjoy our DRM trip and if we head back to Mexico, would go back over TTR.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2021
  9. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    Hate to get political or socioeconomic but I believe the hotel was severely hurt by the covid issues, lack of Canadians and Europeans.
    Hence they lowered the price so that every Tom, Dick, and Harry could afford to go...using all those stimulus checks!
    Think about it...at say $160/night for a room is $80 per person.
    (The hotel still makes money and rooms being filled are better than empty...think profit by quantity).
    And this includes not only the room but also all the food and drink.
    Also the entertainment and facilities.
    They had to market and promote to a different crowd and these are those that are causing the issues.
    Like in football, when you get into the end zone (score) act like you have been there before.
    It is supposed to be spring break for adults, not spring break!!!
    If you did it in college you know what I mean.
    Terrible for everyone.
    And it is such a shame.
    Hopefully, once the prices rise to normal levels again all the riff-raff will not be able to afford to visit and things will return to more normal.
    Of course, by then, many of us may have moved on.

10. dallascpl

dallascpl Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    When I went to the sales pitch at Desire they made it clear Temptations was the prude cheaper option. As they build out their resorts they will all have their distinct flavor. It sounds like pre reno TTR is what they have Desire RM for. They can reach a broader audience this way.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice