Our Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious Trip Report

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by Latina Y Gringo, Sep 1, 2017.

1. Latina Y Gringo

Latina Y Gringo Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +614 / 0
    Ok, here goes it .... what I can remember ...

Booked Ocean View room through Expedia 6 months prior and paid $300 per night including airfare factored in, for 11 days trip, August 18-28, from NY Metro area airport. We used USA Transfers for ride to/from resort/airport and they were great.

The first room wasn't a great view, not sure I'd call it ocean view. It was located by the quiet pool, haven't ever found the quite pool many people reference ;). It was set back, in the bottom part of the " U" shape back there. To see the ocean you are looking through the quiet pool bar tiki thatch roof, palm trees, etc., not acceptable to my wife ;). The next day we were moved ( they were nice enough to move us) to a room on the 3rd floor (same level as lobby, door out by Asian restaurant), second in from the end, close to the water, above the ramp, room # 1937.

The room had a great view of both the ocean and sexy pool. However it was loud when music was playing, which was almost always except between 3am to 10am. We had minor issues such as A/C not working very well, however my wife was fine with it, I usually like it cooler. Also, the automatic room shade got all tangled up once and housekeeping had to fight with it to straighten it back up and the room safe had errors where you would have to enter your combo 2 or 3 times and/or pull on the door to have it open. There was not enough closet space; i.e.: hangars & drawers for clothing. And they had automatic lighting inside which was supposed to turn off when closed, however almost all the lights would not turn off. The shower is big, and last trips we had 2 rainfall shower heads, which is great, however this room just had one head.

The staff were all great, except a time or two we had an overzealous security guard bother us. We agree with the photo rules, however when a group of "friends" want to take a picture and there was absolutely no one behind us (the back drop was the DJ apple) he told us to stop. However at times we were seeing people with their cameras videoing the Bash crowd, performers, etc. The bartenders and waiter/waitresses were great. Same deal with the towels, don't ever remember turning them back in, no problems. Always enough chairs by pool. I wish they had the beach beds still though. The watersports team were great too. Have them take you out on the Hobie Cat catamaran to the sand bar. Sometimes you can find starfish or sting rays. If you are lucky enough to find 2 starfish it's always a great suggestion to have your girl take her top off for a photo op with the 2 starfish held up over their boobs.

The food was good, like always here. Did I like it all, no, and I even think there were better meals in some of the old TTR restaurants. In the Italian restaurant we had asked for the sexy coffee on I think Saturday August 19 and the waiter said we were the first to ask for it. They had to go and find some metal gravy boats and did not do the 2nd half of the "show", the part with the orange peel. I love the designs, décor, shapes, etc., however I feel an Italian restaurant, especially one called Romanza should have felt more warm and cozy, not modern and "cold" feeling. The Asian restaurant, Sutra was good, however I was disappointed that they did not have any sauces with the hibachi that I get everywhere I have had hibachi; the ginger and mustard sauces to dip your food in. At SHE restaurant I saw a group of 4 have two tables put together. The tables situated around the stage however are only for a couple. We didn't feel the 2 hours to eat a few small bites of food every 20 minutes was worth it. The food overall was good though. Again, not everyone will like every type of food, for example: I don't like seafood very much. I was disappointed when the pole dancer just strutted around and held onto the pole. BUT, she left and in walked Belen ... Belen, :rolleyes:. She worked that shaft like a pro. She climbed up that pole and slid down head first, almost crashing into the stage, stopping a foot before. Unfortunately for me she didn't crash land and need me to give her CPR.

We participated in most nights themes. Most people did, in some way or another ... maybe it just was one colored article of clothing. We of course like lingerie night and glow night the best.

On our 3 trips we rarely left the resort. We have been out a few times, for things such as mall (theme night clothes), Crossfit gym for wife, into downtown to take photo at Cancun sign and have lunch & buy souvenirs. We also took a trip this time to Xcaret. It was a lot of fun. We booked through TTR sales team, I think it may be part of Albatross. When we arrived my wife jetted for the entrance when the tour guide guy started gathering everyone around when we disembarked from the bus. That was an excellent choice because we went straight to the "Plus" section and were able to be attended to right away and book the "extras" such as sting ray, dolphin, Sea Trek (walk underwater with helmets on, oxygen pumping in), dinner show, etc. Had we waited with the guide a minute or two we would have been on a long line to book the few extra activities to do. We did the Sea Trek underwater activity and chose to walk amongst the fish, the other choice was with the sting rays. We also booked the dinner show for $50 each. For that you get a dinner sampling menu, similar to what SHE restaurant does and you get better seats and more comfortable seats for the 2 hour Mayan/Spanish history show they do from 7pm-9pm. As part of the "plus" ticket we floated the approximate 40 minute long "lazy" river which goes underground at times and we went snorkeling. It was a great time and the park has been rated a top world destination.

Overall the trip was excellent. And that was mainly because of the people we met and the staff. The little things don't bother me so much. It's not that I don't appreciate my A/C, hot water, etc. But I'm not a primadonna, I'm a laid back, easy going guy. I knew this was a soft opening and I don't feel at my price I should expect a 5 star or even 4 star accommodation. However, we shall see what kind of prices the future holds and from what I am hearing it doesn't look like a 2 trip per year location anymore.

I want to thank some of the people we met from CCC and ones we met there that made our trip wonderful and well worth it: Steve and Jannet, ScubaSteve and Elyse, John N Jess, LG & JC, RedVelvet, Tyler and Angie, Melanie and Justin, Debbie and Ray, Melissa and Kyle, Flor and Lucas, Erica and Ernesto and more. I'm sorry if I forgot anyone or didn't remember your name, however I didn't forget your breasts. Looking back at the August roll call I am surprised at the number of people that we unfortunately did not get to meet. Hopefully in the not too distant future we will see you all again; the ones we met only briefly, the ones we didn't get to meet and the ones we now call lifelong friends.

Jonathan and Maria

Any comments, questions or concerns are welcome, maybe you'll stir up a memory; distant or foggy.

• Like Like x 19
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • List
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
  2. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    Nice to see more reviews coming in which have obvious thought put into them. good work J!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. AndrewnAshley

AndrewnAshley Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +439 / 1
    Glad to hear you guys had a great time, still some growing pains--but those can work themselves out over time.

4. Happydays

Happydays Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +496 / 0
    Thanks for the review, it all helps build the excitement for Sep 28th!!

I found a typo tho :
    'If you are lucky enough to find 2 starfish it's always a great suggestion to have your girl take her top off for a photo op with the 2 starfish held up over their boobs.'

Should have been :

'It's always a great suggestion to have your girl take her top off'.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  5. vacationfun2

vacationfun2 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +346 / 1
    Thank you for the report. Provided great info.

6. Donna & Tim

Donna & Tim I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,605 / 6
    Great report and thanks for the information, It's going to take Tempation a little while to get up to full speed but when that happens hold on for the best party spot and people in Cancun.

T

7. Tyler and Angie

Tyler and Angie Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,018 / 2
    Johnathan & Maria, It was a pleasure meeting the two of you. I can honestly say that there are a few standout couples and you guys fit in that. Always great to meet new people and your right, Lifelong friends. Until next time my little Latina&Gringo!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice