Our Friend Went To Heaven

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Bearcat, Nov 23, 2008.

1. TerryB

TerryB I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    So sorry, your lost makes me want to cry, I cant imagine losing someone at such an early age, or at any other age as far as that goes. Hope we will see you there in May. Did they find out was caused it? Terry

2. TANDG

TANDG Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am so sorry you are going through this. I know how you feel. Almost 12 years ago, I lost my fiance. He was hit on the highway by a tractor trailer, and died instantly. I can relate to you, because it was so quick. He was 36. My heart truly goes out to you. When people tell you that time heals all wounds...well, it does to a point. It amazes me that 12 years later, I STILL think of him EVERY day. The pain does lessen....but you have your memories, and she will be with you forever. Please know that my thoughts are with you. If you need anything...just to talk...whatever, please message me. Hang in there. Be strong for your babies.

3. funcouple

funcouple Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My heart goes out to you

I can't say that I know what it is like to lose a spouse but I do understand loss. When my husband read to me about the loss of your wife, I cried. I have read her posts many times. I have always enjoyed them and loved the pictures she posted. Last year my husband and I arrived the day you left, I wish we would have had the chance to have met you both. Our thoughts and prayers are with you in this difficult time. We are so sorry for your loss.

4. icecube88

icecube88 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +910 / 0
    Brad...I'm sorry to hear of the passing of your wife...Keri... My condolences go out to you and your family... :(

5. osiferrick

osiferrick Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0
    So sorry to hear this. Especially with the holidays coming......I also lost my wife, but to cancer in Aug. 06. she was 42. Its not easy. Dont stop going to your favorite restuarants or vacation spots...keep her in your heart. Remember all the fun times and always talk about her...You just have to be thankful for the time you did have her in your life...Shes watching over you all....I'm so so sorry for your children too. It does get easier...it took me about a year and things do improve... Im speechless. :cry: ....Thats why i tell everyone life is short...to short for all the drama.. if you ever want to chat or talk....my email is osiferrick@yahoo.com oh, i'm rick from so. calif

6. Theoriginalparrotthead

Theoriginalparrotthead I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Thanks Rick...

Thankyou so much Rick. I intend to be at the resort for returners week in May. I took my son and his girlfriend to Keri's favorite resturant last night too. It seems I may be on the right track. You advice rings home so well. I really want to thankyou for a little clearer view. Sometimes i forget that others have suffered losses too. It is so easy to get so caught up in my that grief that I forget others are suffering as well. My children come home to night and I've removed many items of hers that would cause the pain. The last thing i wanted my 10 year olds to see when they walk into the house was Keri's coat hanging on the hall hook.
    Well today is Thanksgiving although I wont eat much. The kids have been with my mother at her beach house since Keri's passing. I get them back today. Her Memorial Service is Saturday, soon to be know as the toughest day of my life. But with my best freinds and family around me,we will get thru it.
    I loved her with all my heart and will never stop loving her. Keep me and my family in your thoughts. Thanks again for the support and the love you all have shown in the past few days. You folks are the greatest. Brad.

7. B & B

B & B Guru Registered Member

The Hub of the Niagara Pennisula, Ontario
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Brad

Our condolences to you and your family. Barb and I have read this post and shed a few tears on your behalf.

Please be well and get well, take care of your kids and find peace.

Rick's words really struck a chord as well, life is too short to worry about the drama, live for today, love for today.

Thanks for sharing in this time of pain.

We do have one thing in common and that is this website that brings total strangers together to laugh, cry and share life with.

8. njfuninthesun

njfuninthesun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So sorry to hear this. Especially with the holidays coming..

I agree wholeheartily with Rick. I also had my wife die from cancer after we had been married 31 years. You think you'll never get over it but in a way you do. You don't forget the person you just evolve to a point where you can deal with the lose. My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family.

I know we've never met ut still if you ever need to talk to someone who has been through similar experiance or if I can help in any way please email me. Roys1952@yahoo.com

9. Nurse Jackie

Nurse Jackie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My thoughts and prayers are with you....As a Nurse I live with the reality daily that life is short. God must of had a job in that he thought only your wife could do, so he called her home, And as hard as that is for all of us left here to accept, Just keep your faith and he will guide you and your family, during this difficult time.

And never stop living life to the fullest!!!

10. Theoriginalparrotthead

Theoriginalparrotthead I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Preliminary Autopsy.

Thanks again everyone. I recieved the preliminary autopsy on Saturday just prior to her Memorial Service. It seems she had a massive infection in her small intestines that caused Sepsis. Im not a doc but it seems the sepsis spread into her blood stream causing catastrophic organ failure.

It was discribed to me like this. She had an infection and didnt realize it. This may have gone on for quite some time.. It slowly built and climbed. She thought maybe she had a flu-like virus. When the infection peaked, she realized she was getting very sick and we went to the hospital. After the infection climbed and peaked, it sent her sliding down the hill on the other side. Thats when her organs began to fail. First the kidneys, then the liver, then her lungs and finally her heart. When the heart began to fail she wasn't able to pump sufficiant blood to her brain and other major parts. The damage was unrepairable and ultimately caused her untimely death.

Thanks for all your concerns. See you in May. Brad.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice