Our Brief Trip Report 3/1 - 3/8

Discussion in 'Golden Parnassus Forum' started by vacationfun2, Mar 16, 2011.

1. vacationfun2

vacationfun2 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +346 / 1
    The flights were great arriving and less than that leaving. But the important part is the arrival. :aktion069:

Went to the check-in at 1230PM and ordered our own drinks. Not to fond of a sweet drink upon arrival. The rum and cokes were just fine. Prior to our arrival we had called the resort and we received what we paid for, an oceanview room, third floor that was ready around 3PM.

As usual, the first day is a blur and we drank to the limit and went to bed around 10PM. But the sun came up the next day and we felt OK. :brick:

The resort was not full when we arrived, they said about 75%. The first few days almost everyone that we had talked to had been bumped the week(end) prior. Most indicated that they will not return to the resort. They said the Great is neat and full of young-ones running everywhere. :deadhorse:

Everyday at the pool or the beach a lounger was available. The weather was perfect with just a little rain one day.

The staff was very accommodating and the bartenders were their usual fun and great times. The tiki bar, overall, was pretty quiet at night. A few body shots and some other fun. (until the kids arrived, see below, loud terrible music, no tipping and no titties)

We met some wonderful people and the seafood chef made six of us a fresh fish dinner. It was wonderful. Thanks to our new friends, "Jimmy-John, Carolyn, Linda and Phil for arranging the dinner.

The evening hottub can only be described as boring. BORING!!!

As the weekend approached several young people, college-aged, arrived and took over most of the games. But that was Ok as we were into the party mode and not sports at that time of our vacation. As part of the negative, the tiki bar and the 60's bar became "techno music." I can only take so much constant pounding, thump-thump music. :musik026: From 9PM until closing. Jose was apologizing but he had no control over the "DJ" they hired for that time span.

I am not a Michael Jackson fan but the show was good. That is the only show that we went to.

The entertainment staff has improved since we were there two years ago, "sexy-Suzie" (I think that his her name and she is sexy) kept the place fun.

To be honest the food was not up to the standards of our four previous visits. (Not as good as TTR for the first time)

On to the fun - Everday during the day, we met and drank with a lot of different people, all that were fun and interesting. The guy from from Canada that works in the oil business and spends 6 weeks at a time in Saudia Arabia had some great in-sight into the fleecing of countries with the oil prices.

The drinks were plentiful and Jose and Fonzi always know what you want. I cannot recall the pool staff's names, except Karen, and they were all very nice and prompt. (please tip generously)

The best part - Steve's cruise. Amazing and we met the TTR crowd at the marina and after a short wait to pay we sailed away, as did the tops. That makes a very nice "Mexican flag" with all of the tops. It was windy that day and the snorkeligng was for only those dumb or drunk enough to get in the water, me. Soon the snorkeling ended and we were off to the island to eat and drink. As I was talking to Steve, during lunch, about the snorkeling, he said this is a boobs and booze cruise with some snorkeling. (He hit the nail on the head with that line!)

The rest of the cruise is somewhat foggy but Michelle said that we had a great time. I fuzzily recall Steve taking us (5-6) to a bar that scared the shit out of me. That is scarey to be drunk and scared, not my normal mode. (The rest is according to Michelle) I left the bar and Michelle paid and we went back to the boat and the others returned from shopping and we had a fun-filled slow motoring back to the marina. Thank you for the fun Kelly. :mnm::bootyshake:

Overall the trip was fantastic, great people and a better staff. We are returning to TTR or GP next year but it is time to enjoy the three seaons in Iowa for now.

Thanks to Steve and others for all of the great tips that we have utilized over the last several years.

OK for those who want to know, topless was rare, (up to 2 sets), that is it.

Michelle and Doug (sorry no spell check)

2. IndyGirl

IndyGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for your great report, you gave the facts. I appreciate it. How about your wife "Michelle?" what does she think between the two? I'm still debating between TTR and GP for June, our 27th anniversary.

3. MaddieMoo

MaddieMoo Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Michelle & Doug!
    You made the highlight of my Cancun trip on Steve's Boobs Cruise! What a fun day! After the cruise, I went straight to the buffet at TTR and then was planning to take a couple hour nap! I didn't wake up until 2am!
    What a fun day! Doug you are a trip, and Michelle, what a great gal!
    I am still recooperating from the trip... not sure if I caught a bug, or if it was from all the partying I did in Cancun!
    I would love to go back next year, and would love to run into the both of you!
    Thanks for a great day! And... Steve, thanks for a GREAT FUN Boobs Cruise!

Kelly

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice