Orlando FL Here I Come!

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by Michael F., Oct 3, 2007.

1. Kait13

Kait13 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    im jealous too :(

2. janie

janie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ...... I'm jealous, too ...

[​IMG]

3. carrie77

carrie77 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I believe you are staying at the Contemporary resort, which is very close to the Magic Kingdom. One of the highly suggested places to watch the Magic Kingdom's fireworks is at the restaurant on like the 10th floor of that resort :!:
    Let me agree that I :lotsoflove: Disney! As you know I spent a week in Orlando both last year and this year. We spent 2 and a half days at Magic Kingdom and 2 days at EPCOT last year. This year we spent 1 day at each of the 4 theme parks in Walt Disney World. I only went to the CityWalk at Universal. That is their entertainment and shopping area. Woooooo Margaritaville :!:

4. BluegrassGal

BluegrassGal Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Lucky you, we were there last summer, another great thing about the theme parks is they have these ticket booths at most of the attractions where you put your admission ticket in and it will give you a ticket as to what time to come back for the ride so there is no long lines to wait in and if you or your wife want to ride a bigger ride then they have a room where one parent can wait with the little one while the other rides, the ride lets off at this room so when say you get off the ride you stay with son and all your wife does is walk through a door and shes on the ride no waiting. It's all really nice. Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, Universal Studios are all really good places to visit Sea World is another children enjoy. Have Fun!

5. TexasCouple

TexasCouple Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You're right, Bluegrassgal, it's called Fast Pass. Use them for the more popular rides to avoid lines.

Michael, since you're staying on Disney property you get early entry into the parks (I think about an hour early). This is the BEST time to go. No lines, no hassle. Everybody wants to sleep in but you can get more rides in the first few hours then all of the rest of the day.
    Marsh

6. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    No kidding, really???? That's awesome! I'll try then to sneak Nathaniel into one of those expensive (ugh!) breakfast events so he can greet Mickey, Donald, et al personally :D

7. Kait13

Kait13 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    yeah doo it!!! fast passes and early entry= amazing. My first time in disney, we did a dinner with the winnie the pooh characters. it was fun :D

8. Michael F.

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    ok, am pumped.

carrie, that's exactly the resort we will be staying at! i read about the restaurant and it sounds cool. also, there is a buffet at a lower level where at times disney characters will make surprise appearances. Nathaniel will be pleased.

any any ideas at all what T can do once she is out of class in the late p.m.? are there any activities or events she can go to at that late part of the day without purchasing a full-day pass?

9. carrie77

carrie77 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Downtown Disney is worth checking out. (I did go there both last year and this year.) Shopping, including a Virgin records store and a Harley clothes shop, and Planet Hollywood has a cool location there... a big blue ball. You can ride the Disney shuttle bus there. If you are renting a car there, Orlando has some awesome shopping. There are two outlet malls rather close to the Disney complex. (There's others, but those are the closest.)

10. Michael F.

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    ugh, T led me to believe lodging was included with her seminar charge. it was not. all weekend long trying to get something at Contemporary Resort...it's completely booked. most everything nearby is the same story. currently the closest place to the Contemporary is the "Fort Wilderness Resort". Anybody been there or heard of it?

Looks like it will be a hairy morning each day of her seminar, as at least one of those days will be off to a 7 a.m. start! :shock:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice