Orlando FL Here I Come!

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by Michael F., Oct 3, 2007.

1. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm jealous, Michael..I love Disney.

If you're not staying at a Disney property many hotels off site run shuttles that leave every half hour or so.

Be sure and get there early as whatever park you're in there's tons to do. All of the parks are great.

I agree with Ana that Universal is great fro kids too. Sea World is another kid attraction as well. If you go make sure not to miss the Polar Bears and Penguins.

2. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    We arrive on Wednesday evening, so no theme parks that night. Then it's just the little man and me Thursday and Friday during the day. Saturday T will join us for an all-day adventure somewheres...

I figure Nathaniel and I should do the Animal Kingdom and Universal Studios (I guess I use my rental to get there), and then mommy will join us for the Magic Kingdom. Sounds good? Plus I think Disney is continuing the Halloween theme through the weekend, so it will be extra special for the season.

3. Michael F.

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    We will definitely make sure he brings swimming trunks (me too!)

For a three-year old, do you think he will be ok for the shark and earthquake experiences? I suspect Nickelodeon has a lot of games with slime(?)...would he be able to participate?

I think he would love Shrek. Surprisingly, we don't have a Shrek DVD(!!!) I should get that at once to pump him up.

4. Michael F.

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Good tips, Ana. Thanks...I should print this out for later.

5. DConCT

DConCT CC's SB Godfather Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    where are you staying Michael?

6. Michael F.

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    We will be at one of those resorts where the monorail runs right through the building. Pretty convenient, eh? Just have to figure which one to take and when they run.

Thanks for the tip about "Dinosaur". He likes Jurassic Park (the movie), but seeing a "real" dinosaur up close may be too much.

7. Michael F.

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Do you think the Disney resorts would have shuttles to other venues in Orlando? It would only make sense...and make it easier on me to get to Universal Studios.

8. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    No worries then..they start early and run frequently. You will have no problem getting into the parks early. And you can head back at night if you want to catch the laser and fireworks shows.

9. Michael F.

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I was going to ask about that. On Thursday and Friday we will head back to the resort to wait for mommy. But, in the late p.m....what can we really do. Will T have to purchase a third pass each day just so she can see the fireworks and laser show?

10. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Michael, I don't believe the Disney properties offer trabnsportation to Universal and other attractions but I'm sure you can arrange it for a fee.

I'm not sure if Disney has a late day pass that she coiuld buy to go to the parks after say 4 or 5 pm. I'd definitely find out though because that will be way cheaper than her buying an all day pass and only using it for a few hours at bnight.

Disney has lots of different options so hopefully you'll find one that suits all your needs.

Like I said before...I am so jealous!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice