Optimal Pace?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by WFResort, Mar 17, 2021.

1. bevy

bevy Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +657 / 1
    Wes wakes up early the weirdo .. I like to sleep till at least 10 we either do room service for breakfast or hit the buffet as they are clearing it out ..late lunch around 2ish .. the coffee bar has real good sandwiches ..we love when they do the food pool side hits the spot . In the pool till they kick us out ..no nap or we sleep till the next day lol .. quick shower then dinner ..back to change for party .. ..snacks .. party till 1 or so ..dunk food .. hang around bash with who ever brings the blue tooth speakers till the bar closes ..stumble to the room ..sex pass out ..start over next day :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. SharonTerry

SharonTerry Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +373 / 0
    It will be trial and error to see what works for you! Most of our trips we've partied hard and pay for it when we get home! A couple of trips we did take a more moderate approach but it's tough sometimes to pace ourselves! I can't nap late in the day or I'll just sleep through the evening and night. I envy those that can power nap for an hour and wake up refreshed and ready to go again. We are early risers, I love Cancun mornings, so a nap on the beach after lunch works well for me! I can go back to party mode and last until it's time to call it a night.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    Lots of good advice here so will not repeat.
    We are vets and appear “smart” now not because we were, but because we made every mistake possible and learned from our mistakes, but also learned from others around us.
    It is really hard to do both ends especially when you don’t live your “real” life that way and especially as you age...get further and further away from college frat/sor life!
    Also harf is you typically go to bed early due to work or early morning kid commitments.
    Yes, I do understand the excitement and high energy can carry you some but most do not really want to feel bad during vaca.

Avoid the first day curse at all cost or you may waste the next day and suffer a bit recovering even the day after.
    Now if you are a “professional” (drinker) this may not be an issue but most do succumb.

Don’t go hard the night before the day you check out or the trip home may be nightmarish.
    No fun traveling home all hung over...and then possibly having to go to work the next day :(

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,163 / 7
    As a "seasoned vet" (hahahha) I make every mistake in the book, every trip. (Except the first day curse, I am normally solid for the first two days, then it all collapses.)

Last trip Elyse left the premier bar at some point like 6. I made plans to meet at the quiet pool bar with a group at 7 to then go to dinner. At 640, I was still at the bar and somehow was convinced that I was going to be able to make it back to the room, wake Elyse up, sober up some, both of us get dressed, and make the meet-up. By the time I made it back to the room I was convinced none of those thing were remotely possible, and then I died. I am not even sure we made it out that night. To get that stupid means I went way too hard from about 11 - 6:45. I do not recommend going that hard all day strait into dinner. You need to take a long lunch, or leave the pool at like 5, to get some rest and no-shot time in.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  5. WFResort

WFResort Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Amazing insights, tips and tricks! I think I read most of them in a British accent after @FFC/WBA 's motivational speech. Feeling well coached to make & learn from my own mistakes.

Appreciate it all!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. bevy

bevy Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +657 / 1
    first day curse is so real .. we went to hedo one year some random dude gets off the plane runs for the pool hours later he is passed out on a deck chair burned his dick on his first day ..
    get off the plane find some food .. make sure to drink a water every once in a while during the day and we stick to one main drink don't mix those ... but shots are random lol .. if you like coconut run pineapple and orange juice ask for a weewee as either a shot or a dink ..super light won't fuck you up :) that's also from hedo when you get out of the pool to go pee the bartenders gave us one as a reward for not peeing in the pool lol

7. r&a 1964

r&a 1964 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +677 / 1
    I sleep about 6 hours a day all the time so for me the schedule at Temptation isn't hard at all. I am in bed between 2 and 4 and wake up between 8 and 10. I head down to the buffet and get a snack take a walk and wait for my wife to call and say she is awake. I figured out years ago if I let the wife sleep in the mourning the evenings are much better. She sleeps 8 -10 hours a day at home, but usually only 8 at Temptation. I just chill by the pool until she is up and then we go have breakfast.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. MikeandHeather

MikeandHeather Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,849 / 5
    All good advice so far (and we have followed all of it on one trip or another with various outcomes) but best advice is find what works for you! We are planning it a bit different next trip as it is 10 days and two weekends so we are “planning” a couple of down days (Ilse de Meures, beach walks, etc).
    After partying non stop last trip pre Covid with the friends that we met we lost our voices day 2 and were dead after 6 days. In way worse “shape” to drink that much this year but...like Mike Tyson says “ everyone has a plan until you get punched in the nose”.... so we will probably do too much AGAIN.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. Rufio

Rufio Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Genius

10. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    At TTR, which we "run our vacation" differently than when we go to DRM, the below is our developed-over-time routine.

Get up around 10:00 or so, head down to get breakfast (we almost always just do the buffet).
    We'll be done with breakfast around 11:00 a.m., and head over to the Member's Deck to get a sunlounge (the first day we figure out who the Member Deck "guy" is, and tip him/her, to get those same chairs for the stay).
    Hang out there on the Deck until it starts to get too hot, or we see folks we want to go talk to, then we either get in the pool or go talk to the folks - getting drinks along the way.
    USUALLY we hang around the pool downstairs until 2:00 p.m.-ish, when the games start up. If its good, we stay and hang, if it's a dumb one or gets so loud you can't talk to the person you're trying to talk to, we go upstairs to Sky.
    Either way, around 3:00 to 4:00 p.m. we'll get something to eat, almost always now upstairs at Sky.
    Done with eating/hanging out at Sky, back down to see what's going on at the Sexy Pool, then we usually "go in" for rest period around 5:00 to 5:30 p.m.
    Start moving around for dinner around 7:45 to 8:30 p.m., then go down to do dinner.
    Usually out at Bash by 9:30 to 10:00 p.m. Hang out at Bash until we lose interest in it or the people we've been hanging out with (people DO get a bit drunky so sometimes discretion and valor and all that shows up).
    Sometimes we'll leave Bash and hit the Sports Bar, good place to wind down, have another drink or a few, and talk with cool people (sometimes we escape Bash because it's overly loud so going to the Sports Bar is how we deal with that).
    Typically in bed between 12:30 a.m. and 3:30 a.m., and that depends on how the party is or was, and what we've been doing, etc. There have been nights when we're out in the Jacuzzi on the patio (Plush Jacuzzi Room is our base room) until past 4:00 usually partying with folks in the hot tub.

... then rinse, lather, & repeat the next day.

At DRM the schedule usually starts around Noon, but there's no rest period mid-day, you just move through the day.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice