Opinions Wanted!

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Bebedo26, Apr 19, 2008.

1. Bebedo26

Bebedo26 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My friends and I will be traveling to Cancun in July. While we are staying at an all-inclusive resort, I do not want to only sample a hotel, however nice. I want to see local life and do things besides sit by a pool.

Could you good folks rate the following items in terms of time it takes to do/see, if it is worth the time investment, and any other tips/pointers available?

1. Chichen Itza (Not SCUBA obviously, but opinions welcomed!)
    2. Isla Mujheres (What to see/do, if it's a good place to go)
    3. SCUBA with whalesharks (we're not certified, is this possible?)
    4. Cenotes (if there's a particular site, please let me know!)
    5. Snorkeling (anywhere, in general, best places, etc.)

Muchas gracias in advance!!

2. lambert13

lambert13 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

3. infidel

infidel Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Chichen Itza

Hey bebedo26, we rented a jeep & left Cancun early (0800) to Tulum & got there in less than 2hrs. It's kinda small but great photo ops so we were on our way to Chichen Itza by noon. The road is mostly single lane from Tulum but in good condition & we made it in less than 3hrs. The ruins there were alot more than Tulum & the pyramid was awsome. We hired a guide at the gate & it was worth the extra $20 for all the info & guided tour he gave us. It takes awhile to really explore Chichen so we decided to stay the night at a very cool hotel right outside the back gate called "club med" (it's a knockoff). We had a bungalow surronded by tropical plants & jungle critters w/pivate pools & waterfalls......very cool.
    Went back for the night show at the pyramid w\special effects & audio presentation which was awesome. Well worth the trip!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice