Opinions on Discos/Clubs

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Melanie, Oct 24, 2003.

?

Your favourite Cancun club

1. La Boom/Tequila Boom

93.8%
  2. Coco Bongo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Dady O

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Mambo Cafe

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Bulldog

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Senor Frogs

6.3%
  7. Fat Tuesday

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Melanie

Melanie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hola!
    Well I am looking for another opinion poll. You all have been so helpful and I have printed so many pages of information. Now I am looking at which clubs are not to be missed. It is my husband and myself who are 26 and looking to hit a couple clubs but not one every night.

Which club(s) would you say you have to experience before leaving Cancun???

Thanks!
    :) Melanie

2. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    That's a good idea, Melanie. A little poll for folks' favorites and they can post the reasons for them. Did you want to use the "poll" feature on new postings?
    :michaelf:

3. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    Hi Melanie, I edited your post to make it into a poll, about time we had one of those, might as well use the features that other Cancun message boards dont have!

My opinion on the above:

La Boom / Tequila Boom two clubs for the price of one. La Boom - dance music best nights Wed and Fri can be quiet other nights. Tequila Boom - rap and hip hop, usually populated by Eminem wannabes, I'm not keen. But overall La Boom narrowly gets my vote over Mambo Cafe. My only gripe about La Boom is the Tequila - dont do it!

Coco Bongo great night out brilliant shows, stadium feel and something new every few minutes. Not keen on the open bar - it's hidden away at the top of the club - a must do, busy most nights. In my top three.

Dady O havent been for several years, but enjoyed it. Adjoins Dady Rock for pre club drinks - you can get a bracelet for entrance to both. Met my wife at Dady Rock, but I dont like to admit it!

Mambo Cafe Cancuns' secret club! located downtown and very few tourists venture there, full of happy locals and gorgeous girls. Live salsa band nightly, cheap entrance and drinks and brilliant night out. I can only have one vote but if I could have two this would get it. Lads - go on a Thursday ladies drink free!

Bulldog Never been - no comment

Senor Frogs Haven't been in a while, find it kind of cheesy and expensive. Not really a 'club' but included anyway as its fairly popular

Fat Tuesday Again doesnt really meet my definition of a 'club' but I'm not keen at all, mainly open air and again expensive drinks - popular with the younger crowd.

Hope that gives you a taster - anyone else?

4. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Coco Bongo is my favorite club in Cancun. It's the most unique club I've ever been to in my life.....luv the shows, luv dancin on the platforms upstairs and looking down at the others below!

Mambo Cafe is my favorite club when I don't want to be surrounded by tourists & tip junkies in the hotel zone. The live band is awesome! Price is right.....

I love the mens hot body contest at La Boom, but don't care for techno at all. I prefer the music at Tequila Boom, but they don't have anyplace to sit down on that side of the place....bummer!

Michelle

5. Mikey

Mikey Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It was a hard decision, but I went with Bulldogs. The reason is that I am into Rock and Roll. At Bulldogs they have a house band that comes out and plays songs. I do goto "dance" clubs and enjoy myself, and agree with the statements about the other clubs.

The club that I have not tried that is on the list is Mambo Cafe, I'll have to try it next time.

6. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This is just my opinion, and you can all jump on me for it, but I think that Mambo Cafe should go into the class of "Salsa Clubs". But that's probably just because I'm a salsa freak.

In addition, I think Sabor Latino is way better than Mambo cafe, with the same sort of music, a better show and is technically more up-to-date.

For Salsa Clubs, I would recommend the following options:

Azucar (salsa, merengue, cha cha, bachata, and every once in a while a latin pop artist)
    Sabor Latino (mix of latin pop/techno/dance music in between sets)
    Mambo Cafe (mix of latin pop/techno/dance music in between sets)
    El Gran Melao
    Cohiba
    Batacha (slow here)
    La Pachanga (never been and probably won't ever go. Kristin says it's "Low Rent")

As for the "tourist hot spots", I think Coco Bongo is a must.

7. Melanie

Melanie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You guys are so awesome!! Thanks Steve for turning it into a poll. I hear everyone talk about how great the clubs are. I didn't want to come back and post a trip report only for you all to realize I might have missed the best clubs!! :oops:

You all are so thorough and full of great info. I don't think I have ever had such a well planned vacation.

8)

8. Mikey

Mikey Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just remember that every one has different tastes, if you go to a club and it was not for you, eventhough a lot of others loved it, try another. That is what is great about going down there, trying different places, things and having a great time.

I didn't try LaBoom (for a silly reason) until my third trip and it turned out to be one of my faves. If you don't get to go to a certain club this time it should be a good excuse to goto Cancun again.

9. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    Thanks Liz,
    must admit my salsa club experience extends only to El Gran Melao and Mambo Cafe. We must try Sabor Latino next time, I've heard you mention it before - I think I'm missing out and need to see what it's all about, whereabouts is it? If you want to play guide tour - drinks on us.

Jannets stepfather always promises to take me to Terraza Perazza, but we havent made it yet (he always has a wicked glint in his eye when he says this) - I dont think its a salsa club more a locals bar out by the Jungle - do you know anything about it?

Whats with the new avatar - looks sweet but a little bit like roadkill - I'll run away before you get me :wink:

Melanie,
    my pleasure, all we ask is that once you've had a great vacation you come back and tell us about it and help others have a good time too - let us know what you liked what you didnt like.

10. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Nope, never heard of that place by the jungle. Sounds kinda scary! LOL!

Sabor Latino is in Hong Kong plaza by Walmart. Very easy to find and all cab drivers know where it is.

And YOU! That's my kitten Diablo Lunita. I got her in January and she has me wrapped around her little paw. Along of course.....with the street kitty MiNoche, and my dog Rocky and birds back home. I suppose I've got my own little zoo going on.

But don't you dare diss DIABLO! :whip: :double finger: :angrymad:

Je je kidding....:roll:

....(kinda) :twisted:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice