OPENING DAY, Los Tigres

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by V, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Rudyman

Rudyman Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks TJ very helpful

2. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Plan B Rudy if you can get around pretty good. Come in from the HZ and make a left on Yaxchilan, which is the 4th downtown light, after km 0. (Bonampak, Tulum, Crosswalk at hospital, immediately after Tulum/Chedraui are 1-3). As you make the left you will see a Pemex, next to Burger King.

At the light next to Burger King (where you would turn right to Sams & Walmart) go straight, actually like going to 1 pm instead of noon if you are thinking clock. Quickly you will come to an every man for himself 4 way stop where no one stops. Next a big speed bump/tope at the Casa de la Cultura.

At the next light (OXXO on the far left corner) take a right. As the road curves you can make a right into a rough ground parking lot. $10 or $20 pesos. I prefer taking the curve and the stadium is immediately on the right.

Once you pass the stadium entrance, the ticket booths are just right of the entry, go about 30 yards and turn into a small lot (I park here) for $20 pesos. You can also park on the street in this area for free which I do from time to time.

This is a little quicker and not that complicated, especially if you have driven to Walmart this way.

Let me know what game(s) you plan to see. Maybe you can sit with V and I and others who go regularly. Send me a PM with a bit of notice if you are interested.

Enjoy.

3. Cancun Fun

Cancun Fun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Be sure to give Tj plenty of notice...his dance card fills up quickly!

4. davisod

davisod Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Guys, I hope you buy your beers from the happy, chatty, smiling, dark-skinned, short-haired woman on the 3rd base side, with a happy, quiet, smiling, light-skinned, long-haired daughter. How can you resist tipping her - and well - every time; it's impossible! I just wish she knew that I no entiendo a word she says.....except "una mas?"

5. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well that narrows it right down. It seems only to omit Gordo and the other guy servers. LOL Davisod.

Sounds like Lorna, our go to beer gal. She even runs a tab for us.

Funny story - 3 or 4 yrs ago V and I were at a game and she was our server. We did not know her or have any loyalty to anyone there. Before the game was over, we had to leave at a predetermined time and could not find her anywhere. We waited for her to come into sight at least 10 minutes. Finally we left and figured we would see her next time we went.

As it turned out, the Tigres had several away games and it was over two weeks before we went back to a game. We always keep track of our running debt. When we saw her we gave her the amount we owed plus the tip she would have gotten. She had no idea why we were giving her $200 or whatever pesos and our conversational Spanish was not so good back then. When she finally understood our Spanglish she was so grateful.

A very nice lady if that is who you are speaking of Davisod. Never saw a light skinned daughter tho but the rest sure fits.

6. davisod

davisod Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well then, it's obvious she's aware of your reputation.....lol: she introduced the teenage daughter to me because she clearly knows a perfect gentleman when she sees one.......lmao.

JK, TJ.

Speaking of Gordo, who struggles to climb the steps: ya gotta love the 50-50 guy and his tennis ball gimmick!! Maybe Gordo should switch from bottles to cans & try using a football.......jajajaja

7. Rudyman

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    TJ,

Going tomorrow night if game. I believe there is huh? Have my 30 yr old Son and 15 yr old. Quite a spread :) would love to catch up w/ya.

8. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Game tonight, and tomorrow night, then it's away until the 18th.

Calendario

Tigres now have a two game lead in the Southern Zone

9. Rudyman

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What time does the game start tonite? Sat

10. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Usual schedule is weekdays, 8 PM, Saturdays, 7 PM, and Sundays, 6 PM.

Hope you made it to the game, last night!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice