OPENING DAY, Los Tigres

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by V, Mar 21, 2013.

1. GONZO

GONZO Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    LOL, nothing like making someone grab at thier crotch for half a ball game by having to wear them pants!

And I hope you know that I was funnin ya!:icon_mrgreen:

2. baztack

baztack Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    do they have a set time they play all home games at or does it differ?

Also just buy the tickets at the door?

Cant seem to find this info.

3. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    The Tigres have completely redesigned their webpage, making a lot harder to find answers to common questions, so I'll just tell you what I know from past experience.

The weekday games tend to start at 8 PM, Saturdays at 7 PM, and Sundays at 6 PM. The Tigres are away this week but will be back in town next week.

You can buy tickets at the door, normally. In fact, to try to buy them early can present big problems- just ask T.J., who's often tried to do just that, and found it can require many trips.

The games are minor league quality, but the conditions for baseball are excellent, with a beautiful stadium, low prices, and a crowd that is well behaved (save a few Mexican curses you may not have heard before).

4. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Curses often led by Chacho, the team mascot.

And don't forget that INAPAM Card holders can get the $95 seats for only $50. These are in Sections 1-4, from behind the 1st Base/Visitors' dugout (Sec 1), behind home plate (Sec 2&3) to Sec 4 behind the Tigres dugout. 2 and 3 are behind the screen so safer if you are concerned about getting whacked by a foul ball. In Sec 1, seats 1-12 are NOT behind the screen and in Sec 4, seats 38 and higher are NOT.

Try the Choripans, 3 ofr $120 this season. A bargain for a tasty, fat loaded treat.

5. redhed

redhed Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I love baseball games in Cancun! Not there for this season but have for many previous seasons. We had an eye opener last year...regular games we've always just bought tickets at game time so we thought it would be the same for the opener. HA!! We did go by the ballpark a couple of days ahead hoping to buy tickets but it didn't even look ready to go. So we sauntered over a coupla hours in advance for the opener...what a shock! Lineup was crazy....no tickets available and even scalpers.....prices were nuts for seats on bleachers wayyyy out in the outfield. Tigres had lost the finale to Mexico City the previous season and they were playing the same team in the opening game. Would have been a fun game to see! After that first game we once again attended many games and bought tickets at game time. Lesson learned. They are so much fun....lottsa great food and people watching. One of my favourite things to do in Cancun :)

6. T.J.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Other than Opening Night and the Playoffs, great seats are only $95, or $50 with the INAPAM card. These are sections 1-4 which start behind 1st base, and run to behind 3rd base. Box seats, called Palcos, are $120.

7. Rudyman

Rudyman Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Never been to stadium. Coming in June and will take in a game. Can anyone give easy directions from HZ please. thanks in advance.

8. davisod

davisod Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm sure there's a specific R # that will take you within a stone's throw to it, but you can take all R # busses to downtown, (this is my technique as a non-expert, btw) get off anywhere downtown, and grab a street cab to take you the rest of the way.

9. Rudyman

Rudyman Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Won't be using bus or cab for I have a car in Cancun.

10. T.J.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Rudy,

The least amount of turns would be to drive past Walmart, then go left at Kabah, where Soriana is across the street.

Go past the first light you come to, La Luna. You will see the futbol/soccer stadium on the left. The baseball stadium is sort of behind it.

You then need to go left at the next set of lights, BUT YOU CANNOT. Veer right at the first of those two lights, then swing around so that you essentially are making that turn to the left. The stadium is about 200 yards on your left. You can park along the right side of the street or pass the stadium, take the first turn around and there is public parking on your right, just as the road curves to the left. There is a small lot just after the stadium that charges $20 pesos, or you can free park along this side of the street as well.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice