Open Bar Question(s)

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Zibbyzap, May 29, 2007.

1. Zibbyzap

Zibbyzap Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    A few years ago we went to a place called MAAX (I think) next to Dady-O/Dady Rock. It was an open air bar and we paid around $15 for open bar. Then a couple of years ago when we returned, MAAX was gone and we ended up going to Mr. Papas a couple of evenings and paid $15 for three hours of open bar. My questions are... is Mr. Papas still around? Are there any other open air bars that offer open bar or something similar $15-$25 for three hours?

We are already planning to use the Carlos & Charlies coupon for dinner and three hours open bar for $35. I actually have a coupon for 10 people that says $30 per person that is good until December 31, 2007 that we printed back in February but I suspect that I cannot use it since it has gone up in price.

I appreciate any input that anybody can toss on here.

2. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Mr. Papas is still there and still offering the 3 hours open bar, at least they still were in march, so Im assuming they still are now!! There are a few bars around them, Dos XX and monkey bar, not sure what they offer regarding open bar, but there drink specials will likely be close to that of Mr. Papas!! Make sure you check out Corona Bar across the street from Mr. papas also, good times and an open bar type place also!

3. BrianL

BrianL Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Zibby.... just got back from Cancun tonight.

There are a few bars that offer 25 dollar Open Bar. I don't think you'll fine anything less than that, though.

From what I can remember.... My Place and Congo both offer 25 dollar Open Bar.

4. Zibbyzap

Zibbyzap Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Kewl... thanks for the info fellow partiers.

5. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    anytime!!

6. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Mr. Papas has moved to Plaza la Isla and isn't in the party center anymore. There are lots of little clubs around there, Congo, Terrasta, Lucky Monkey, Corona Bar and Dos Equis Bar, I'm sure you'll find something. Depending on the season, you'll pay anywhere from $15 to $25 for open bar at the smaller places. Sometimes we'll walk by the Lucky Monkey and they'll go as low as $10 open bar if we say no to their first offer.

7. Zibbyzap

Zibbyzap Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks CancunCanuck... I can't recall going to any of the places that you mentioned, so were gonna have to hit one or two of them up this trip.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice