Omni Trip Report

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by NormsKid, Dec 27, 2006.

1. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Omni Trip Report:

Gerald & I stayed at the Omni for 2 nights before heading south to Playa del Carmen. I booked a regular room & upon arrival, asked if we could be upgraded. We were first told no....then the gentleman said yes after fiddling with the computer & we ended up oceanview, Jr. Suite. :D

The room was amazing! Everything was just perfect......

We had a wonderful view of the pool, the ocean and awesome sunrises/sunsets...

The room had a radio/alarm clock, speakers for hooking up an MP3 player, TV with many english stations, REALLY, REALLY SOFT BEDS! :D

There was an inroom safe, servi-bar, plenty of towels, iron & ironing board. (the servi-bar was locked tho, so dunno what was in it, if anything)

The balcony had two built in loungers, with very soft cusions. There was actually a pillow menu in the room so that you could order whatever type of pillow that you preferred......first time I've heard of that.

Both Gerald & I were happy that we chose the Omni for this portion of our stay.

Any negatives......Yes. We both attended the Omni Vacation Club presentation to get a $100 food & beverage credit since we didn't book all-inclusive. The guy who gave us the "pitch" was a total arsewipe. He kept asking me very personal questions about my timeshare at BBG & TOTALLY ignoring Gerald, who was actually interested in possibly buying into the Omni's vacation club. In the end, Gerald was so pissed off at being TOTALLY ignored & the guy grilling me & trying to sell me, that he didn't purchase. This guy lost what was otherwise a easy sell.......

Any other negatives...yes...upon check-in, we were given a welcome letter buy the front desk saying amoung other things, that we had free use of the gym as select guest members. We dropped off our bags, changed into our workout clothes and went to the gym. It's a LONG walk from our room & a ton of winding stairs. We get there and the guy at the desk says we have to pay $8us each to use the gym. I told him that I was a select guest member and was just given a letter by the front desk saying that we get free use of the gym.

Do you think he picked up the phone to call the front desk & inquire....NOPE! He merely waved his finger side to side and walked away. At that point, I was pissed off ROYALLY! He treated us like dirt....and didn't give a damn about what the front desk said. So much for meeting or exceeding the customers expectations........

I went to get the letter from the room & took it to the front desk. Found the same guy who gave it to me and he called the gym. They got into a verbal spat & then the manager got on the phone to tell the guy that he was wrong and still no resolution. The manager told me to just charge it to the room and upon checking out, they will deduct the charge. I thought that was pretty rediculous that the whole issue couldn't be resolved between them, but the manager said the spa people are not Omni employees, they are employed by someone else & they get little to no training.....who knows.

Will I go back to the Omni......ABSOLUTELY!! Me & Gerald fell in love with the Jacuzzi Bar! We stayed in it the entire 2nd day.......it's actually heated, like a REAL jacuzzi, not just a hole with bubbles coming out like another resort I've been to in Cancun. That alone will take us both back for many more visits.

We didn't eat dinner at the Omni since we weren't all inclusive....we did Philly Cheese Steak & Outback Steakhouse. Breakfast was awsome...lots of options, fruit, cereals, breads, eggs, pancakes, waffles, hash browns, pretty much every type of breakfast food was available.

Our $100us food & beverage credit went all to booze! In 2 days we racked up a $96us tab in booze alone.

All in all the stay exceeded my expectations as the maid was great, the service of the Omni staff was TOP NOTCH! I would highly recommend the Omni to anyone looking for a hotel in Cancun.

BTW....the Vacation Club guy said their cheapest plan was $39k. LOL!!! For those of you who have timeshare at BBG.....BBG's plan is WAY better as far as benefits & what you get for your money.

Michelle

2. mitchellfam

mitchellfam Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thanks for the review...and thats sorry that he was such a horrible rep that he didn't even realize who was interested in buying!

If we didn't love the riviera maya so much...we would likely try the Omni...but we are hooked on the long tranquil beaches further south.... :cool:

3. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Great report, Michelle.

You should add it to the Omni section of the Hotels Info Forum.

4. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Looks like someone moved it for me........thanx!

5. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Kewl...thanx!

6. Senor Verde

Senor Verde Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the TR! I have only been in the lobby of the Omni as we have stayed at the Royal Mayan for many years, its really too bad you had so many bad experiences...enough to make me never want to go.

7. jen***

jen*** Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Michelle,
    Was great to meet you by the way, I haven't seen you post since you got back - or maybe I haven't been on as much as I was off sick for a week !
    Glad you had a good time at the Omni, I loved it too. I had an issue with the gym as well though. I was on a day pass and the great friendly people in the hotel said it was included but when I went down to the gym they said no.
    I only kind of half wanted to use the gym as I was really there to relax with friends so I didn't bother trying to complain.
    :p

8. janie

janie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Michelle, thanks for posting your experience at the Omni.
    I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Another thing we didn't get was the letter about the gym! :(

Will you post your opinion on Luna Blue :?: :?: :?:

9. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,197 / 14
    Thanks for the trip report Michelle.

Just dreading the 'negatives' for when you stayed at our place :wink:

10. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    LOL! Yeah, the letter says that as a select guest, we could upgrade to the next catagory for $25us per night, but we didn't have to pay anything for the upgrade.

Then it says free use of the Gym

Then it says preferred sitting at Da Vinci, but we didn't eat at the hotel, too expensive for what you get.

I just posted my Playa trip report a few moments ago.

Michelle

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice