Omni in room safe

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by rede4cancun, Jul 12, 2010.

1. rede4cancun

rede4cancun Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We're headed back to the Omni on July 20th!!!!!! I have never taken a laptop before and I can't remember if the safe in the room is large enough for a laptop. Does anyone know? Thanks for any information.

2. senorfeliz

senorfeliz Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Not unless it's small--like netbook size.

Don't forget to sign up for the Omni membership before you go. You'll get some perks, including free wifi.

3. Life_N_Cancun

Life_N_Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Most people will tell you the best thing to do is not leave it out in plain view.. I prefer to install a cable lock and securely fasten it to something solid in the room. If someone is intent on stealing they will probably look in my bags first, so "hiding" it may not be affective. On the other hand a properly installed cable lock will detour all but the most determined thief since taking it would require damaging the laptop (which makes it far less valuable) or time and tools to defeat the lock. Really though, smaller things like cameras, phones, and jewelry or the things more likely to walk off on their own.

Let's hope you have zero problems though... :angel1:

4. rede4cancun

rede4cancun Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the info... We have stayed at the Omni a few times before and never had any problems at all. I don't really expect a problem but I don't want to borrow problems either. I was wanting to skype with family in the U.S. while there.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice