Okay, FIRST TIMERS - TO TEMPTATION AND MEXICO

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by TDiddy, Jan 22, 2009.

1. TDiddy

TDiddy Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Read some of the threads, all seems good. I am 29 and my boyfriend is 36. Anyone want to add to their experiences with this resort and Mexico in general? Couple questions I have is:

1. Do I need some kind of adapter for electricty? (Canadian here)
    2. How safe is going off resort?
    3. What's this Booze Cruise, anything in March? How do you go, how much does it cost etc?

Any and all information would be fantastic, whether it's good or bad.

Thanks, Tanya

2. B & B

B & B Guru Registered Member

The Hub of the Niagara Pennisula, Ontario
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    This resort is fantastic, been 4 times returning for number 5 in the spring.

Answer 1. I have never needed an adapter
    Answer 2. Have gone off the resort and uptown to clubs and shopping and markets, used buses, taxi's and gone with groups from the hotel and have never had a problem, felt much safer here than in the Dominican republic or Cuba.
    Answer 3. The booze cruise is a fantastic time, if Steve (the site owner) is able to organize one while you are there, chances are the majority of people will be from this board, you will have an oportuntiy to chat with them in advance and up the experience. It's a full day excursion, you leave the hotel around 9:30, return around 5:30, sail on a catamaran, unlimited booze, a snorkeling adventure, lunch on the island with some free time to shop, site see or just kick back, back on the cruise, pictures with a shark, more drinking, dancing, jumping off ropes 40' in the air. One of the highlight's of your trip.

The bad part? Your trip eventually ends and you spend to much time on this board when you could/should be doing other things as you talk about your last vacation and get ready for your next.

3. logic7

logic7 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Going off resort is safe (this isn't like Dominican Republic), but I haven't actually gone into the city, we've stayed in the hotel zone during our stays in Cancun. I've had a couple of seedy individuals approach us to sell us drugs while shopping near one of the flea markets (the one over by Coco Bongos, if anyone wants to chime in with it's name), but that's about it.

I've heard mixed stories about going into the city, but I guess it's no more dangerous than going to NYC, LA, Detroit, Miami, or any other large American city... or Toronto, for that matter.

4. diamondheaded

diamondheaded I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 1
    1. nope
    2. safer than most cities/town in the states - would feel safer going out in the hotel zone than i would in highland park
    3. many many booze cruises - but all in all - none can even compare to steve's cancuncare booze cruise (about $55.00 us dollars) - like trying to compare apples and ginger root

can finds tons of information on various threads on this site - but keep in mind that most people on this site are HUGE fans of the resort so most of the opinions are very biased towards the resort - - - - like ours is :)

great place if your looking for FUN :shock:

looking for a vacation - :idea: - you might want to try carnival cruise lines or disney world

we wish you the best
    :wink:

rob and tonya

5. skjudd

skjudd Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I read a thread that told me to take straws and that was great advice. I took straws and a large insulated mug and the bartenders would fill it up for me. I also took an umbrella and it was needed one day. Get one's before you go for tipping. I exchanged a lot of email addresses with the friends I met and I wish I had cards pre-printed with my name and email. I came home with email addresses on a napkin with no names and had to email to see who they were, so if you are drinking heavily and get someones address have them write their name also.
    Have fun
    Kristi

6. Sheandme

Sheandme Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    SK, how many $1's should we take going 3/17-3/23 (wifes b-day 3/23) any info is appreciated, thanks!! :flash:

7. Rick

Rick Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +176 / 0
    tips

we take about $25 per day just for tips, works out fairly well. ya have some pescos left over from shopping etc also use that and the "left over" pescos on the last day goes to the door man and the maid. we normally tip about $2 per day for the maid. we also take a few local souveriers for the ent. staff last trip took little rock harley t-shirts. was a hit and shows them we do appre. their hard work.
    most important!!!!! pre screen all your cash money. any worn, torn or marked on bills are worthless. only like new money and coins are a no no.

8. glenn/monique

glenn/monique Titties n Beer Registered Member

Ratings:
    +423 / 1
    Been to bbg and TTR lol same resort 8 times..........love it, love it, love it.............did i say love it. Also have gone on both steve's booze cruises and the hotel as well............had a great time on both of them. If you go to the bars................ definitely do Coco Bongos.........an experience you don't what to miss. This year we are headed to Temptation in Los Cabos...........but we will probably come t cancun in may. Spend some time on this site and make some friends before you go..........it's totally fun to meet the people we have been chatting with and we have made lasting friendships from this site.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice