OK, need a little help please

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by leeleent, Mar 29, 2009.

1. leeleent

leeleent Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've searched and can not find anything on the room ammenities at TTR.
    Is there a list somewhere? what do they have in the rooms??
    Even though we've been before, it's been a few years and I know there has been some changes.
    We're hoping to pack as light as possible. Like last time, we were able to get by with a duffle bag each (carry-on only) and not have any checked luggage.

wondering about hair dryers, irons, ect....
    Thanks for any help you can give!!

2. Gone South

Gone South Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +105 / 0
    I hope they still have CHANNEL 12.

3. 1smokey

1smokey Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    This will answer a few of your questions.

http://www.temptationcancun.com/accommodations.asp

There is also a new “dress code” for some of the Restaurants see this site.

http://www.temptationcancun.com/restaurants.asp

The husband will need long pants, and OK shoes; women can get away with just about anything, except a swimming suit and T-shirt (seen some nice outfits). I guess guys have to be told to look nice when you take your wife out, because we can not figure it out on our own.

We restrict ourselves to one bag each, but could never get away with a carry on for a week.

Almost forgot,
    they have two "channels" now, looked to be much of the same.
    Cal

4. tere

tere Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    it depends...

I've been there 3 times in the last year. Last trip-Dec. 08, they no longer stocked the mini-bar, no more coffee packs, no large bottle of water, no special toiletries in the bathroom(just cheap shampoo), no more smoking rooms. I asked and they said this has all changed. But some people said they did get all this (except for the smoking rooms). My room did have an iron and hair dryer and a couple channels on the TV you'd probably like.

5. leeleent

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Re: it depends...

OK thanks for letting me know this. I was mainly wondering about the hair dryer. I don't want to pack one if there's one there. is the coffee packs available at the resort to make coffee in the rooms. I know you said it wasn't in there, but I still like to have my coffee while i'm getting ready for the day.
    Also, I was thinking about trying to get some of my toiletry items after I get there, but I can't make up my mind if it's worth the hassle to go after we get there.

6. leeleent

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I can't believe we went last time with only a carry on each, BUT we did it!!
    But now with all the changes with the airlines, I'm not sure if we can take certain things, like any toiletries with us without it being in a checked piece of luggage.
    Then again, last time we did not plan on going to a specialty resturant while there so we didn't have to worry about DH long pants and nice shirt in a duffle bag.
    It was wonderful to be able to carry everything on with us. we didn't have to worry about searching for our suitcases or wonder if it will arrive on the same plane with us. :roll:

7. tere

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    The coffeemakers are still there with a starter pack...but

they had a note saying you could buy coffee in the gift shop(no filters for sale though). I'd bring my own coffee, sugar and coffeemate though.

8. gutch

gutch Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We were there in 2009, Jan. 26 to Feb. 2

-good quality shampoo, conditioner, soaps, replenished daily
    -big bottle of water, replenished a few times through our visit (as it got empty)
    -coffee and condiments replenished daily
    -mini-fridge replenished daily (Coke, Coke Zero, Sprite and V8 juice)
    -hair dryer in room
    -iron in room but only a mini-ironing board (I hate those)

Everything that you would find in a "normal" decent quality hotel room you find in a Temptations room. We only stayed in one room but viewed two others (we were considering moving rooms but stayed where we were) and they all seemed to have the same stuff.

9. starydust

starydust Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i was just there last week we had coffee in the room blowdryers, irons, good quality shampoo and cond(im a hairdresser so i know about that stuff.) we got water. and ashtray.

10. tere

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Sounds like everyone (but me) lucked out! I think it depends on what they feel like doing on any particular day!!! I even tipped the maid. The front desk said they don't do any of those things anymore! I guess I'll see-I'm back there 4/22!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice