Oil spill Cancun

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by ncsurf, Apr 29, 2010.

1. rdubnpk

rdubnpk Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    I was wrong. It is not 5000 gallons (this is the measure they are using) per day. It is 5000 gallons PER HOUR. An estimated 1.6 million gallons have been spilled at last count. They have alerts this morning for Alabama beaches and for Florida beaches as soon as Monday. We live in Okaloosa County which is the third county to the west of the Alabama/ Florida line. Since we have no industry to speak of but tourism, this could, along with an already weak economy, put us totally in the crapper. According to the local rag, BP had no contingency plan whatsoever for something of this sort, deeming the chances of such an event occuring to be almost nil.

2. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    gas is well over 3.00 here........of course I have to use premium but still.......its going up and up and up. I heard 5.00 by the end of the summer

3. Rich and Linda

Rich and Linda Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Actually, I believe a barrel of oil is 42 gallons. Still a lot.

4. LemonHead

LemonHead Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This will not effect Cancun beaches. Even if this spreads all the way down to the tip of Florida the ocean currents will push the slick back up the east coast of the U.S.

Now there may be a whole lot less grengos on the beaches of Cancun this summer as gas prices skyrocket and airfares follow suit.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice