Official Translator

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by RiverGirl, Jan 27, 2009.

1. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Does anyone recommend a good official translator here in Cancun?

2. Susan in Cancun

Susan in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    translation

A few days ago, Canuck mentioned someone that is giving English/Spanish lessons. On her business card, it also says that she does translation. I'm not sure if you need something done properly, or if you need it for immigration or something like that, but you can give her a try. Since Canuck already posted her info, I'll do it again, without feeling bad about it. ;-)

Daneen Munoz
    (998) 108-6659
    daneen_galazka at yahoo dot com dot mx

3. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What's needed is someone with the official Mexican govt issued stamp, an Official Translator.

4. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I know that Mauricio the Wonder Lawyer has some names of people that he works with, worth a quick call or email to him. (And no, I am pretty sure that Daneen doesn't have "The Stamp", she'll translate non-official stuff though).

5. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    We've always used the one opposite the Pemex on Bonampak/Kukulcan. It's a second floor office, sorry cant remember the name of the person but she's always done my stuff for immigration with no problems.

6. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    CHRIS ELLIS, the son of my attorney, Jenny Vance, is whatever the official title is for a Federally licensed person that can legally translate any document in the country.

His email is darkolas@yahoo.com.

He has helped me with contracts in both languages on a couple of occasions. He speaks perfect English and perfect Spanish.

Good luck,
    T.J.

7. gbchayctca

gbchayctca Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Actually, the woman who gives Spanish and English lessons uses the same official translator (perito) that Steve mentioned. I know the building, but not the exact location.

It's also possible to have a non-official translator do the translation and then that translator can get the perito. I know one translator (she had her licenciatura in translation but not the perito) who had an arrangement with someone to do this...not sure of the legality of that though.

8. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the help everyone. I appreciate it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice