Official Swine Flu Thread

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by darkladydi, Apr 25, 2009.

1. queen2633

queen2633 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Amazing

You know, been watching news all night and it amazes me that CNN, Fox, MSNBC - all of them have an abundance of TRAVEL commercials playing. How ironic.

I still plan on going. It will take them telling me borders are closed :)

2. bncancun

bncancun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    As of 8:00pm Monday there have benn NO reported problems at IMMS, ISSTE or any other hosptial in Cancun.
    Pinche, ignore CNN and NBC and come on down. I feel fine (Except maybe the tequila hangover) :cool:

3. bncancun

bncancun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Life
    We shall see if they ACTUALLY do it, I seriously doubt they will. Commerce is to important and the risk is nil.
    c'mon are we going to allow CNN to create another panic? (Don't they have any other news?)

4. Cancunni Lingus

Cancunni Lingus Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi guys, im from England going on May 31st for Two Weeks. whats the story? Am I gonna be going? Cancun is gonna be dead now :(

5. darkladydi

darkladydi Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    trip canceled, so sad

it's Tuesday morning 4/28 and I'm sorry to say that I'm on my way to the travel agent to cancel my trip. we where booked for may 12to the 19. we're going to rebook when all this lets up.

6. JDNoble81

JDNoble81 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My friend is a Customs Officer at Philly International. There was a lady who was flying back from Cancun who was isolated and taken to the hospital for swine flu. It was on the 5 o'clock news.

7. pjscardz

pjscardz Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Two young girls (middle school age) on vacation in Cancun with their parents are being tested in Lowell, MA (Near Boston). They were on vacation with their parents. Swine flu HAS NOT been confirmed at this time but they did not travel through Mexico City. So far the parents have not shown signs of the flu.

Also a 24 year old woman returning from vacation in Cancun was removed from her plane with flu like symptoms. Her flights connected through Philladelphia.

8. JDNoble81

JDNoble81 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm leaving for Cancun on Saturday. My cousin who's going is about to back out. This sucks. :?

9. Brett61

Brett61 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Tell him to man up! The only way they are going to keep me from going on my trip is by not allowing people to travel to Mexico!!

10. trigger2002

trigger2002 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    People have sniffs and caughs all the time , even seasonal allergies cause them the only trouble now is that this has been blown up as soon as someone gets anything it will be assumed to be swine flu.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice