Official Swine Flu Thread

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by darkladydi, Apr 25, 2009.

1. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Life - Obviously, but I understand that they are particularly worried about this one, perhaps because it is so easily transmitted between people? Some viruses have more potential to become deadly than others.

My grasp of the biology is weak...my biology professor died of a brain aneurysm the night before my first final with him and it kind of turned me off to biology.

2. pjscardz

pjscardz Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Re: canceled

We're staying at Paris this time. I've stayed at the Strat, Vegas Hilton, Harrahs, Flamingo, Rio and Hard Rock in the past. This is her first time. I liked the Vegas Hilton becuse it was right across the street from The Beach but the last time I was there the club just wasn't as fun. Loved Rio and Hard Rock was nice. The rest I wouldn't stay at again.

Sizzlin' hot is what we want! Looking forward to it. I'm sure the flu will be there before us but it doesn't seem to be that big of an issue so far - no worries!!!

3. fbjr1

fbjr1 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0
    we were there a couple of months ago and The Beach was out of business..... :(

4. MignonA

MignonA Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Who are you??? Obviously I'm not afraid to travel or I wouldn't be going to Cape Cod.

5. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

I think the point trying to be made was that there are confirmed cases of this flu in Massachusetts and the number of confirmed cases of this flu are receding in Mexico while while increasing elsewhere, probably as a result of timing.

There is a certain logic to the question as it becomes increasingly clear that the threat in Mexico was overstated and the fatality count was vastly overstated. Remember a week ago when the death toll was over 150? Where is it today? Last time I looked it was 26.

So, you, along with countless others, have indirectly contributed to the economic assasination game that's been aimed at Cancun and Mexico in general for the past year. Too bad. Enjoy the Cape.

6. MignonA

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    attack?

I, personally, do not understand your personal attack towards my decision not to go to Mexico. I am hispanic and absolutely love that country. I've been going to Cancun every year for almost 13 years. My decision was based solely on the fact that I wasn't sure if US airways was EVEN going to fly to Cancun as they've already started canceling flights. I regret deeply what the terrific Mexican people are suffering because of this outbreak of an extremely mild flu. So, please do not blame me, blame the mainstream media and the government.

7. bncancun

bncancun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Re: attack?

Since I live here I am with you on that one.
    It is the media and the U.S. gov't that is causing this panic attack.
    Go to Cape Cod, but on your next vacation we look forward to seeing you here.
    Nationally 312 cases and 12 deaths. None here in Quintana Roo

8. MignonA

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Thank you Bncancun. I guess I'm a little frustrated as I did NOT want to cancel my trip to Cancun. Again, I love the wonderful people that live there and I KNOW they depend on tourism in order to thrive. I've been known to go down there twice a year...so we'll see what the remainder of the year brings me.

9. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

No personal attack intended and the wish for a an enjoyable trip to the Cape was sincere. I apologize for not being clearer. What I was pointing out was a clarification of the previous poster's resonse to you. And, if your Desire to come here was sincere, you've been victimized by the media hysteria and in turn, joined in the victimization of Mexico. That's not an "attack".

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice