Official Swine Flu Thread

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by darkladydi, Apr 25, 2009.

1. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have never flown on Alaska Air...and still stand by what I said.

I know that in Cancun, and at other airports, there are teams that sanitize planes between flights. But if the guy next to you is sneezing there's not much you can do. The plane can be clean when everyone gets on, but by mid-flight it won't be.

And plenty of older airplanes have poor ventilation systems, I've been on more stinky flights that I can to remember.

2. bncancun

bncancun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This will be my last post on this subject (I have recieved over 50 emails in the past 2 days)
    If the Americans out there want to panic (Which is probably why Americans take more anti deppresants than all other countries combined, not to mention heart medications, high blood pressure meds, etc) Let them.
    You can live in your $300,000 house or wait a minute, it might be infected so sit in your $35,000 suv.
    Or get up book a flight and come on down where it is sunny, calm and serine.
    Steve are you sick? Rivergirl you? Susan you? Cnacuncanuck how about you? Life are you vomiting, high fever, and just feeling lousy with a high fever.?
    I have four girls who all work in the Hotel Zones in Cancun and Playa, they seem fine to me, to fine sometimes, they stay up until 2:00am watching "Chick flicks".
    Turn off your CNN or bonk some producer over the head for not having anything better to report and come enjoy the beach, hey the prices are good right now and it isn't very crowded.
    I didn't make it to the beach today like I wanted to but my Mother in law had a little emergengcy. (Mama needed help with the plumbing), but I did walk through downtown and talked to tourists here, they ALL not only felt safe but they thought the whole thing was blown way out proportion. Oh yeah NONE of them were wearing a surgical mask. However 2 of them said to avaoid a layover in DF (Mexico City)
    Oh well all is said and done. Onto a new subject. Can someone tell me how to post photos here or is it only going to give people a lead to a photo?

3. rockrgrrrl

rockrgrrrl I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You have 4 daughters? Wow! I bet your life is never boring then. :)

4. Susan in Cancun

Susan in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    flu

Nope, I'm not sick, Brian. I don't know anyone who is either. My dog sneezed today, but that's about it.

5. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We have a running joke in this house. Every time we see or hear an ambulance one of us says "someone must have sneezed." [I didn't say it was a good joke.]

6. Life_N_Cancun

Life_N_Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just went out and about, still no one wearing masks except for the employees at the stores.. it did seem a little busier than usual, and thats probably a result of it being payday (30th), fear that the government will do something stupid (like close the stores), and fear that the peso will drop further before the next payday.

All of the bars and restaurants appeared to be open for now, and life goes on....

No more than usual.. but thanks for asking [​IMG]

7. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Bncancun - No one in my house is sick. Sort of tired of the heat already, but all else is fine. We are washing our hands tons. And we are staying away from booze and are being a bit more careful to eat well.

8. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    OK... this is funny I don't care who you are......

It was once said that a black man would be president "when pigs fly!"

Indeed, 100 days into Obama's presidency...... Swine Flu.....

Jamie

9. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    I'm not sick either. Tomorrow I have a booze cruise with around 30 people, it was 45. Saturday we are going to Temptation for a rare night away.

Am I diceing with death? I think not.

10. bncancun

bncancun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Boring NO, but I don't get much computer time, except at 4:00am, I can't find my razor in the cabinet (Too many "Femine products" packs), NOBODY knows how to do dishes and I hear "Papa where are the car keys, can I have them please" all the time (A little credit to Cat Stevens there).
    What's really funny is only one lives with us, the others just show up whenever they want, you know the time I want to spend alone with my wife.
    And now my mother in law is here for 2 months. PLEASE give some Testerone in this family!!! :lol:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice