Official Swine Flu Thread

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by darkladydi, Apr 25, 2009.

1. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  2. MignonA

MignonA Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    canceled

I also canceled my trip to Cancun...going to Cape Cod instead. But I will come back next year.

3. Cancun_Hank

Cancun_Hank Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  4. pjscardz

pjscardz Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Re: canceled

Hope you're not heading out to Cape Cod anytime soon... It is still fairly cold out there. Even when we were near 100 degrees on Tuesday it never made it much into the 70's because of the cold ocean.

Of course things will be different there around the end of May into June.

We're heading to Vegas for Memorial Day weekend and looking forward to some warm weather! Typically low 60's during the day and low 40's at night here right now. Some areas actually dropped to the low 30's last night.

What's Vegas like right now with the Swine Flu being pretty close to you?

5. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This is a partial message, I chopped the end of it off because it was about immigrant visa appointments which no one here cares about. The emphasis below is mine.

6. ffto

ffto Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Anybody watch CNN today?

President Obama and Mexico president stated no border closures.

And it is safe to Fly!!!!! No flights cancelled either way. No worry about going or returning, YEAH

Planes are safe with Hepa systems to filter the air.

No restrictions, wonderful!!!!

VP Biden got slammed for what he said.

Experts say the Mexican flu is less harmful than the regulal flu.

It's bussiness as usual in Cancun uless they make it mandatory for Big Bars to close. They have not done that.

Finally common sense is applied.

Don

:lotsofmichaelf:

7. Bama-fan

Bama-fan Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Were not changing our vacation, see ya in Playa on Saturday.

8. Susan in Cancun

Susan in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    flu

I happen to agree with Joe Biden. I think planes are just huge Petri dishes. I have enough respiratory-related ailments that it would make me hesitate before planning a trip....but that is because I'd have to be on a plane and NOT because of any particular destination.

9. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've been on planes where you can smell the bathroom from 20 rows away. I don't buy that planes filter the air properly. Maybe some planes, maybe newer planes. But not all planes. I've gotten sick after air travel more times than I can count.

If I had plans to come to Mexico on vacation right now I would wear a mask on the plane and take it off when I get here and am out of the airport. That's what I would do. And I would carry hand-sanitizer everywhere and use it 200 times a day.

10. Sosai X

Sosai X Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Here are the precautions taken by Alaska Airlines, one of the carriers serving Cancun:

>> The cleanliness of our aircraft and safety of our customers [and employees] is our highest priority.

>> Surfaces on our aircraft that passengers come into contact with are cleaned in between flights and each night with an EPA-registered cleaner, disinfectant and sanitizer with "virucidal" (virus-killing) performance against multiple types of flu. This cleaner includes antimicrobial properties that provide a lasting microbial barrier to prevent recontamination of surfaces.

>> In addition, interior carpets are steam-cleaned every 15 days, and our aircraft receive a deep cleaning — similar to a car detail — every 60 days.

>> Our onboard air conditioning systems use HEPA filters — the highest-rated air filters available — to protect onboard air quality. These filters are checked and changed according to a regular maintenance schedule to ensure optimal performance. Cabin air is refreshed through these systems more than 30 times an hour.

>> In 2008 Alaska Airlines received J.D. Power and Associates' highest rating (five stars) for the cleanliness and comfort of our aircraft interiors: http://www.jdpower.com/travel/ratings/airline-ratings/traditional-network
    We were the only major traditional network domestic carrier to earn this distinction.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice