Official Swine Flu Thread

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by darkladydi, Apr 25, 2009.

1. bncancun

bncancun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sosai,
    I am going up there today and will check for you and report back tonight. The owner of Senor Frogs.
    Okay, another update, my daughter who works at one of the major hotels just woke up and I asked her this question. She said "As of today (Thursday) Coco bongo, Senor Frogs and all other clubs will be colsed for a short period. She works at Human Resourses, the ocupanccy at her hotel this time of year is normally 90% Now it is 30%.
    However my wife who works at the hospital says "Nada" Read the other post on this overblown subject.
    When they reopen I will post.
    I am still going to talk to some of the managers and owners to verrify.
    Oh BTW I get the snifles, sneezes and reactions this time of year, EVERY year. This flu contains simptums of vomiting, high fever, and Diaherra. nothing here.

2. iggypop74

iggypop74 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    empty cancun

is it true that turist are leaving cancun?i have booked honeymoon in 9.june so i just hope we can still go...

3. LiamOsborne89

LiamOsborne89 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Much easier said than done!! if things carry on they wont be letting flights out to cancun and our lads hol will have t take place somewhere in shitty europe :( BUT if they do allow the flights out there come june 24th then we are on it!!!

4. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Simple explanations are usually correct.

Mixz1's theory explains the conundrum of why tourists are leaving Cancun ill yet those of us who live here aren't sick. We've got some anti-bodies against this already (or some of us do).

My household went through a flu-like *thing* in February or so. My husband was quite sick but just for a day or two, I got a milder version of the same thing.

Still, we are being prudent around here and are washing our hands as often as we think of it.

5. jamesanddiva

jamesanddiva Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Ok, they closed the Fort Worth schools. I am going to Mexico to escape the Pig.

6. Cancun_Hank

Cancun_Hank Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We canceled our trip to Temptations last night. I am upset but glad we did.

Yes the situation is worse here, they have closed the Fort Worth ISD. That's 100,000 students at home for the next week. Imagine the ripple effect. Also the state of Texas has declared a disaster declaration ans also has cancelled ALL public high school sporting events.

7. tomsgoodgirl

tomsgoodgirl Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We've cancelled our trip to Temptation as well May 6-14. We are now headed to Jamaica and hopefully back to Cancun in January.... :(

8. Sosai X

Sosai X Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Thanks very much for the info, and for checking on this further. It's sounding pretty bleak for this week, though - if all the restaurants, bars and clubs are closed I'm not sure it'd be much of a vacation if we were essentially confined to our hotel!

Does this mean the R1 buses (Autocar, Turicun) will be shut down as well?

9. brownlee

brownlee Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    jamaica

We are scheduled to leave for Cozumel on May 15 and I considered rebooking to Jamaica strictly because I worry they won't let us go to Coz. I am not too concerned about the actual flu itself, but i am worried it will be new to Jamaica by then and they will be less prepared - any thoughts would be appreicated. It dont' plan on making any changes until May 8.

I plan to stay at the resort the whole time we are in Coz, so closed nightclubs etc don't concern me, just being allowed to do does.
    Thanks.

10. Greta

Greta Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hope all my CancunCare friends in, around, & visiting Mexico stay safe!!! Thinking about all of you...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice