Official crappy weather thread

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Steve, Dec 13, 2006.

1. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    I am sick and tired of this crappy weather. What is going on!

We went to Mexico City, leaving boiling hot sunshine behind, for my fortieth in October and when we got back a few days later the weather was cloudy and rainy. 2 months later it still is, day after day. We must have had, what 3 or 4 sunny days since then?

My Mum's been here for ten days now and we had plans to stay at the Riu, go to Xcaret, Tulum, Isla etc we havent been able to do any of it due to the weather.

Business wise, tours are being cancelled left right and centre, people are staying in their hotels rather than going to bars, clubs and restaurants in the rain and vacationers are going back home saying they had a week of bad weather and wont come back this time next year.

This is my third autumn/winter here, previous years have been great.

Any of you long timers seen anything like this before?

2. janie

janie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Steve, the week we were there 11/23 to 11/30, we had rain for about an hour one morning,
    and a few showers here and there.

It wasn't as hot as last Thanksgiving ... but we still managed to have a GREAT trip!

(a little rain is better than a BIG WILMA!)

:cool:

3. zippy

zippy Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    yea thats a bummer we have some friends there they have being there a week and ahalf and he called me today and said its rained there every day. well they have 7 more weeks they should have a nice tan by then! :lol:

4. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Nope never seen it this bad before. Yes I've seen a week of bad weather straight more than once. But this is crap. I feel you on your mom visiting. It wasn't much better when my mom was here. We didn't want to book any tours because we knew it would be horrible out.

I will say however, if I had a choice between this and the hurricane last year, I'd choose this. As depressing as it is.....

Somehow, with the bad weather I've had two people tell me I look tanned. I think they are color blind but hey, I'll take it!

5. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My first fall here we had some amazing showers that flooded the city. But it was always hot the next day. This is too much, the potholes are expanding by the second, I'm ready to quit driving. Or maybe I should get a frickin' SUV so it won't matter if I hit the stupid things...

6. BiznKitty

BiznKitty Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm thinking El Niño? Certainly not an expert, but the weather people keep talking about El Niño messing with our weather in Florida. Wouldn't suprise me if the Yucatan is not affected also.

Biz

7. Carole

Carole I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    I was thinking the same thing. El Nino is affecting Cancun in a bad way but for us in the US Northeast the weather has been amazing. We may break a record high today. We usually have snow by now. We barely have to wear jackets today.
    Sorry to hear about all the bad weather your way Steve.

8. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    hopefully this all changes by march!! :cool:

9. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The sun is out! I wonder how long that will last?

10. TraceyUk

TraceyUk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Im so pleased that Steve officially moaned before me- I know us Brits have a reputation of complaining about the weather.
    This is so crap! Everyday since approx 24th Oct - when I had a disgruntled friend staying mopping my flooded house !, its rained.Today the sun is out and boy am I grateful.Its not the wetness, the damp feeling to everything. its the greyness thats getting me down.
    Lets all hope it improves and that xmas can be spent outside , having fun.
    TRacey
    x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice