Oct. 5 Article on Beach Renovation

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Jim in Cancun, Oct 5, 2008.

1. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    LOL, Jim that's funny.

2. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Certain people at Jan De Nul, especially in the Mexican division of the company, Mexicana De Dragados S.A. de C.V., were dismayed at the post-restoration damage, which they feel is a direct result of the failures indicated in Jim's post.

JDL is a giant company (http://www.jandenul.com/) and they know their jobs. It's kind of disheartening that the local tradition of FUBAR, as exhibited by the fly-over and underpass job on Tulum at the corner of Bonampak, the traffic light timing on Kulkulcan and other tontorias remains a constant. I remember the first electrician I hired down here, a guy with an Ing. attached to his name, didn't understand the concept of grounding (earthing to you Brits). I wonder how many Ings are scattered through Fonatur and the other planning (I use the term loosely) agencies here in Cancun.

3. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Having an Ing. attached to your name means you went to college, nothing more. How many bad colleges are out there? Tons.

Electricians in the US need specialized licensing, having gone to college and gotten a degree in under water basket weaving is not enough...

I think there's a culture of greed, short-sighted thinking and ignorance that pervades this area. I've heard that not all of Mexico acts like this, with a constant stream of terrible decisions coming from public officials. But I have not yet lived in another part of Mexico so I know not of what I speak...er, write.

4. TeriA

TeriA Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Beaches in Cancun and Playa

We are frantically trying to plan our 26th anniversary trip, haven't been to Cancun or Riviera Maya in two years now, and are feeling rather helpless to know where to stay. Our primary destination is the beach, and are looking for an all inclusive with at least 4 dining options, 3 if they are really good. Other than that, we are easy.

We usually stay at the Grand Oasis Cancun and the Grand Oasis Riviera Maya. I know the choices are slim pickens at best, but, are hoping those who live in the area can guide us.

5. chaz517

chaz517 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    any updates? thanks

6. Jeff and Bob in Haverhill

Jeff and Bob in Haverhill Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes, anything new? We'll be at the royal sands in just over a month. I know conditions can change week to week, but any idea what the beach is like now?

Thanks!

7. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I heard a phrase that makes me nervous. It is "poco probable" (unlikely)that the beach recovery program will be affected by the economic situation.

8. HammieJ

HammieJ I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    Re: Beaches in Cancun and Playa

Teria! Stay at the golden parnassus! The food is fantastic, and theres a party there every day but its NOT packed like the oasis. Its adults only 18+ but draws a crowd of id say 21-50somethings. But everyone mingles with everyone. It's a really good time. Fantastic service, food, spa, and rooms! The pool and beach are fabulous too, and they have a 50 person jacuzzi right along the beach! See my pictures under the spring break forum... and then under the "picture countdown"

9. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  10. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I read that this morning. Let's not do anything because the sky is falling and the world is coming to an end anyway! Pure fatalism. So easy to criticise and soooo hard to get anything done.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice