Occupy Wall Street, what are your thoughts?

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by twinimini, Oct 18, 2011.

1. indycpl

indycpl Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What is your definition of incapable?

I am incapable of doing heart surgery, but I could if I went back to school and worked hard and studied. I am capable of doing many things, If I had to support my family I would work at Wall Mart, McDonalds, I would clean the floor with my toothbrush if that is what it would take.

Take a look at the illegal immigration, they sneak in this country without a penny no home no transportation and seem to find work to support themselves and the many offspring they produce, how can that possibly be?

Charity starts at home get involved with your local Charity, donate your time and money to help a family or families that has a set back, it does no one any good to just serve up free handouts because that leads to dependency, its not the government's role to be in the charity business. Where does it state in our constitution that health care or employment is guaranteed?

Health Care is a perfect example of to much government regulation its a Cluster F**k of forms.
    Here is a perfect example I pay my DR Cash for my typical office visit and I get charged 45.00, When I use my Insurance the same Dr. bills my Insurance company 78.00 + I pay a 20.00 co-pay for the same service

We blame the Dr,s and Insurance company's for the out of control prices of insurance but again who should we blame? Insurance Company's offer different policy's, You can get the all inclusive policy for 600.00 a month and have the insurance company pay for all but copay, or the major medical only policy for 85.00 a month, and have some personal responsibility for paying for the office visit out of your pocket. What is smarter? But seems you want the government to make the decision for you.
    I personalty have never met a Dr. that would refuse to teat anyone and I know allot of Drs.
    So your analogy of a person who is poor dieing from a curable disease because they have no money is a bit far fetched.

2. Ben & Lisa

Ben & Lisa Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    OWS= America's lowest common denominator. Of course this is IMO.

3. twinimini

twinimini I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +63 / 0
    You know there is a twist to this Occupy Wall Street Movement that just occured to me. I guess with these folks an Aaron Rodgers should be paid the same as say an undrafted rookie. Michael Jordan should only make as much as the lowest paid player in the NBA. I guess that Wayne Gretzky should return his millions because he was part of the 1% who made more than the rest of the players in the NHL. Along the same lines I guess we should go out and maim all the healthy deer in the forest because there is 1% that aren't as strong as the other 99%. Isn't this an apt description of the so called 99%.

As Ben & Lisa have said, it is the lowest common denominator. Let's all sink to the level of the lowest common denominator and see how long we all survive.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice