Occupy Wall Street, what are your thoughts?

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by twinimini, Oct 18, 2011.

1. twinimini

twinimini I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +63 / 0

Rawkus, I note that you are in favor of the Occupy Wall Street Movement, so will you please tell us what it is they want and why you think this is such a good idea?

2. rawkus

rawkus I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    twinimini: I already stated what I do like about the protests.

Im happy to see some sort of reaction, rather than bozos on FOX News, yelling their pants off in fetal position on the floor.

Im happy that people are allowed to speak up, Im happy that Democracy is allowed, Im happy that this sheds light on some serious stuff, such as a messed up world economy.

I dont think this whole thing has a clear "goal" yet, but, like I wrote, I hope this can spark something important.

The birth of something is seldom perfected at the very moment its born, but maybe, if given time and structure, it can grow into something very much needed.

If it takes a "bunch of hippies" to achieve this, then Im all for it, always. :)

The difference is that these people(regardless whom they are), are shedding light on a serious matter, whilst a lot of us sit an b*tch and whine behind laptops. We all have the choice to do something, to strongly show our discontent, to question authority.

3. indycpl

indycpl Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Should we collect a new Tax of $200.00 from all on this board and create a fund so that the moderator of this board can just pick a ppl off the street at the OWS site that has never been to Temptation, and supply them with round trip air, lodging at the resort along with cash that they can spend while there.

After all its not fair that we get to have a great vacation and enjoy some time off of work and others that don,t have the ability to fund a vacation because of being under educated or are on public assistance and can't enjoy what we have worked so hard ourselves to enjoy.

Its Just NOT FAIR that we can go and they cant? That would be A BALANCED Approach As Obama Would say from his teleprompter

Last edited: Oct 20, 2011
  4. twinimini

Ratings:
    +63 / 0

Indy, to have time off from work one must actually work. From what I'm seeing most of these folks don't or won't work. Here is Western NY State we are supposed to be one of the more downtrodden areas of the country in regards to unemployment and even poverty. Yet, every single one of my clients who is trying to hire new workers has the same complaint, they can't find anyone who will work. Amazing situation when we have rampant unemployment (according to the media and the government) and noone to put into existing jobs.

As to the goals and protests of the OWS movement, it seems to me their primary beefs are that others have more than they do and they think that greed is rampant. It's really kind of funny that this fringe of the left has a lot in common with the fringe on the right. Both seem to think that government is not working and that bailouts are a bad idea.

I am always amazed at someone who protests greed. Greed is a part of the human nature. Greed prompts Obama to campaign during times of crisis. Greed causes the Union Worker to want more. Greed causes the Communist to demand a perceived equality. I find it almost humorous that some of these folks think that Communist China is the ideal. Hmmm, a nation that is producing the largest numbers of new billionaires while the majority lives on an income about equal to what most of us pay for our cell phones and cable TV. Somehow I don't see that as an ideal. I see that as something a lot worse than what we have.

As to a redistribution of wealth, well, that has been going on for years and years. The top earning one percent of tax payers pay more in income taxes than the bottom 95% of taxpayers. The top 5% of earners pay 75% of all the income taxes in the US. Over half the households in the US pay NO income taxes. The way I see it, that amounts to a massive redistribution of wealth. I can tell you that this redistribution has been going on for years.

5. indycpl

indycpl Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    twinimini

Very well stated you echo the same thoughts I do,
    Lots of very Lazy, Entitlement Minded People that Have an excuse for why nothing is their fault and truly believe just because they are born here gives them the Entitlement to do nothing and live off everyone else's hard work and contribute nothing, but then demand more and protest Against the very people that are paying their way WTF ?
    I have to write a check to the IRS every month that would very easy support 2 family's, and the protesters and our government want me to pay more.

6. Brewster

Brewster I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    That's not fair. Send me a check. ;)

7. twinimini

Ratings:
    +63 / 0

What? The Canadian Government doesn't send you one now? Gasp!!!! I thought all Canadians got checks from the government every week.:D:D:D

8. Brewster

Brewster I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Just the bottom 99%. We get income equalization checks from the top 1%..lol

9. Canadian Dos Equis fan

Canadian Dos Equis fan Cancuncare's Most Interesting Man Registered Member

Ratings:
    +177 / 0
    It's just a pain in the ass that they are only redeemable in Canadian Tire dollars and Tim Hortons gift cards...

10. fastventura

fastventura Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    wow. boo hoo. i had no dedication in school, im lazy, not real intelligent so how bout those who are successful in life look after me???? wtf. this is exactly the problem with american and canadian society. everybody thinks its someone elses fault. how bout theses lazy unemployed bums take some responsibility for their own lives? makes me sick. im just a stupid mechanic.lol but i sure as hell dont blame my neighbor or my boss or anyone else for the fact that i didnt go to school for an extra 7 years to become a doctor or lawyer. man up and take responsibility fo yourselves!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice