Oasis Viva Beach

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by amers, Jul 14, 2008.

1. amers

amers Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi there! We are in the process of looking for a hotel for a trip with another couple in March, just after peak week for Spring Break. Does anyone know if the hotel Oasis Viva Beach is a big spring break hotel? We are looking for a nice, relaxing vacation, with a nice beach that we can swim in, but not a wild atmosphere. We are also looking at the Presidente (we stayed at last year) and the Ambiance Villas so far. We are looking to spend about $200. a night or less, and it does not need to be all inclusive. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a ton for the help!

2. Walshlaw

Walshlaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I would suggest the Royal Resorts (Mayan, Islander, Carribean & Sands). No Spring Break participants generally because the resorts require someone over 25 to be in the group.

The resorts and employees are great.

3. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    As a spring break vet, I have been down to the Viva several times. This is not a major spring break hotel, however, their beach isn't exactly what I would call spectacular. I would suggest a different hotel, like one of the Royal resorts!

4. amers

amers Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the help on this. I was looking at the website then for the Royal Resorts, is there any way to book those for less than a week or a way to see the prices without giving all of the info like you for sure want it? We have nothing against Spring Breakers (which is why I didn't post it over there, I didn't want to sound like we did) we just aren't in to the party scene at the hotel. :D

Thanks for the help!

5. Jeff and Bob in Haverhill

Jeff and Bob in Haverhill Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi,

I think you'll love the Royals - any of them are wonderful. Unfortunately I don't think that you can rent for less than a week (saturday to saturday). As for pricing, have you called the reservation line? I know they have no pricing on their web site, but maybe you could get it on the phone. Or, I've seen some Royal rentals here on TUG's classified pages.

6. amers

amers Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the help about the Royals. We (hubby and I) are planning on staying just for 4 nights (leaving the kids and our dog with grandparents) and our friends are staying for the week. With the prices of airfare going up, I just want to get our plans finalized and be done. :D
    Thanks!

7. GADawg

GADawg Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    As long as you stay further down at the bottom of the "7" you will not have any problems. I will say this, while the Viva's beach isnt spectacular it is still nice, just a few yards to the left the beach really opens up and it beats having big boulders in the water with crashing waves.

8. GCPSgirl

GCPSgirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Stay at the Golden Parnassus. Adults only, more of a couples hotel. Down south on the seven next to the Ritz. Beach used to be the best, but I think there are even rocks there now.

Not the fanciest place, but we love it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice