Oasis Sens and Oasis chain review.

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Sens' started by HenryandJoni, Feb 9, 2017.

1. WestHoustonCouple

WestHoustonCouple Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +221 / 0
    The letter/certificate says:
    "Oasis hotels sincerely apologizes for the inconvenience of your relocation and assures you that neither your professional travel agent nor your tour operator is responsible for this unexpected change."

So it's not the travel agent/agency you booked through. Oasis do have your reservation, they just plainly overbooked.

2. unicornhunter

unicornhunter Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +394 / 1
    Now I'm all paranoid about of reservation in April at Sens...I can think of no greater nightmare than being on a vacation with children around. We thought about GP but it just looked so plain and boring...and Desire is WAY out of our price range. Now we have a group of friends also booked at Sens. I wonder if people that got shuffled elsewhere at least got some sort of guaranteed access to Sens?...so they could still hang out there during the day or at the Kinky club at night?

3. HenryandJoni

HenryandJoni Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Courtney with our first experience having this happen we were able to access any Oasis Resort on a day pass. We also were given a paper saying we would be awarded another week free stay to be used within a year. NEITHER of these can excuse the lack of management nor lack of compassion when you arrive ready to party and have adult fun only to be told " we have no rooms available". I only posted this to make people aware this does happen. Are we just that unlucky that it has happened both times we been to an Oasis Hotel? Maybe, but it doesn't excuse this business behavior. From the information I am getting, the earlier you arrive the better chance you have. Having to race to a hotel to get a room is crappy business if you ask me. When they take your money you should not have to worry about this type of experience. We wish you guys the best with your stay and look forward to hearing how you make out!! Best of luck and safe travels!!

Henry and Joni

4. regalsteph

regalsteph Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +67 / 0
    Gotta ask did you use hotels.com?

5. javacouple

javacouple Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +463 / 0
    If that happens...........we'll sneak you into our room for a night or two ;)

6. WestHoustonCouple

WestHoustonCouple Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +221 / 0
    No, we used a military travel agent. Pre-paid.

Followed instructions to scan & emailed the certificate to Oasis reservations dept last night.
    This morning we got confirmation back that we're booked for Sens in June.
    We asked for VIP, & they gave it to us, at least it's printed on the reservation we're VIP status for this upcoming complimentary stay.

7. HenryandJoni

HenryandJoni Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    yes we did

8. TC_MN

TC_MN Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +146 / 0
    We just returned from GOS today. I'll give you the quick and dirty.
    Beach = 10/10
    Pool = 8/10
    Party atmosphere = 6-7/10
    Food = 5-6/10 (The best service was at the buffet, and often the best food. They like to limit the amount of food at the other restaurants)
    Room cleanliness = 8/10
    Hotel Events and parties = 7/10
    Room function (water works, A/C, tv, etc..) = 5/10 - The last 1.5 days we had absolutely no cold water in our sink, toilet, or shower. I went down and talked to management twice and it still wasn't fixed. A/C sounded like it was dripping in the roof.
    Overall = 6-7/10

We met up with a couple handfuls of TTR exiles and we brought the party. We tried to add a little TTR spice to a couple of the party events they had in place. There really isn't much for a night life there. When we initially got in we waited about 45 min. to get checked in. We had the grand plus package. After we got our room keys, we went directly to the reservations desk to book dinners. Unfortunately, they were completely booked up through the week and only had one spot left. The hotel is definitely understaffed and the staff that is working moves at a slow pace, whether it is pouring drinks or waiter service. They cleaned our room well but they did miss one day. The beach is incredible. We spent a good amount of time out there in the sand.

Would we go back? If we did it is only because of the beach and if friends went again.

T & C

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice