Oasis Sens and Oasis chain review.

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Sens' started by HenryandJoni, Feb 9, 2017.

1. scottydog

scottydog I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,124 / 2
    Courtney and I were actually all set to book a week at Sens for this May. Desire is just so much more money that we decided against going there. We've read so many reviews with the same overbooking stories that we just don't have faith they will honor our reservation...and we just have no interest in vacationing with other people's kids at whatever family resort they'd send us to. Looks like we'll steer toward GP!

We really miss TTR!!!

2. rieldeal

rieldeal Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +56 / 0
    Was wondering why we didn't see you guys there. Got to admit we had freakin blast. Maybe because we did the upgrade and I knew Valentina from Viva. Can't wait for Temptation.

3. HenryandJoni

HenryandJoni Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Thanks Angie for the response and for your effort to help us. I was SOOO MAD not only at them not having a room ( even after TWO verbal confirmations) but their lack of compassion for doing anything but move us. I would think with the situation of TTR being closed they would be doing everything they could to earn business from the TTR crowd and anyone else. We really do appreciate you and your husband doing this for us. I think our next trip will be booked direct and no Oasis chains.

4. HenryandJoni

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    They moves us to Dream Sands. A nice place but we picked ADULT ONLY for a reason.

5. HenryandJoni

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    We booked through hotels.com and it was a standard room really not sure. Like I said it is the SECOND time this has happened. Didn't ruin our vacation but really made for a rough start. Doesn't give me " warm and fuzzies" about booking with Oasis at all

6. HenryandJoni

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    I contacted Valentina at the desk and she told me unfortunately there was nothing she could do as she didn't work in that department any longer. We really wanted to be there. We want to try TTR next but we are booking DIRECT!!

7. HenryandJoni

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    I would HIGHLY recommend you NOT go to ANY Oasis chain places. They were so rude and basically ignored us until we finally agreed ( after my wife said we needed to go before I got arrested lol) to be moved. NEVER EVER AGAIN WITH OASIS OR HOTELS.COM

8. Al and Kim

Al and Kim Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 4
    I have heard of these problems with hotels.com and book it.com. Never have heard of this problem with Expedia or orbitz. Please correct me if you have had this problem with Expedia or Orbitz. We have had no problem with Expedia in the 10 or more time we have used them. I don't like to group all travel sites the same. Some, I think, are better than others.

9. mehtaa24

mehtaa24 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 1
    WOW WE JUST TRIED CHECKING INTO THE SENS AND THEY SAID THEY RAN OUT OF ROOMS. We are irate. Anyone know anyone who can help? They refused to give names of managers and everything.

10. WestHoustonCouple

WestHoustonCouple Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +221 / 0
    Just got home.
    So here's our experience, after Sens sent us away 5 days ago:
    They paid for taxi to Grand Oasis Cancun, 1.5 miles north. Went to VIP lounge & nice concierge gave us a top 6th floor lagoon view balcony Jr Suite, a very nice room. This resort is about 4 times larger than Sens, but has some kids running around. Also got upgraded to black band VIP. This is significant since we can go to any VIP restaurants, lounges, & premium drinks. We would never go back to regular Oasis status, as you can can't get into the nicer restaurants & extremely long lines at restaurants. One day, we walked the 1.5 miles along the beach back to Sens for a quick tour, lunch in the Italian restaurant & 3 hours in the topless pools. Actually, we do like the Oasis Cancun's resort, rooms, restaurants & beaches better. So with the black VIP band, it's a pretty nice hotel. They also gave us a certificate for 4 nights stay at any of their 4 cancun oasis hotel, good for 1 yr. We'll check into that, but only if we get VIP bands...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice