Oasis Playa

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by kmsusi, Mar 24, 2007.

1. kmsusi

kmsusi Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I understand this hotel is now Adults Only. Has anyone been there since Dec. 06. Other boards trashed the resort but that was earlier than the changover.

kmsusi

2. tikidaddy

tikidaddy Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was there from Jan 31 - Feb 7. As far as facilities go, the rooms were so/so. The housekeeping was not the best (very clean one day, the next, not-so-much). The beach was fantastic, probably one of the best appointed beaches on the long part of the 7. No beach or pool servers (very disappointing for a hotel claiming to be a 5 star). The food was good, for the most part, and the server staff was fantastic. Overall, it was an OK place. Not a 5 star, but not terrible either. Hope it helps.

3. Ana

Ana Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Oasis has now 5 to 6 propertes here; Oasis Viva, Palm Beach, Cancun, Grand and more.

the only one that has always been for adults s Grand Oasis in the middle of Oasis Cancun phase 1, 2 , 3 , 4 and sharing some of the facilities.

4. tikidaddy

tikidaddy Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Oasis Playa went to the Grand Oasis designation. They are now Adults only, also.

5. lambert13

lambert13 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just booked at the Grand Oasis Playa for part of our trip in July. I have stayed there 3 times under the old designation and loved it. Now that its adults only is a big bonus.

6. Bama-fan

Bama-fan Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This will be our fourth consecutive year to stay there, and it gets better every time. The staff is great, the food is good, and the place is clean. Most of the staff has remained the same for the last 3 years, and I hope most will still be there again this year, because it's nice to be remembered by someone that you only see one week out of the year. We haven't had any problems with housekeeping, last year we had a very sweet lady named Rosie, whom not only cleaned our suite, but she would make decorations with towels and rose pedals every day. We could stay at other places for less, but we feel very comfortable there, and will continue staying there until otherwise.

7. lambert13

lambert13 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Glad to see another fan of that hotel. This will be my fourth year back there as well. Angel the bartender has alwas been my favorite there. Quiet as a mouse until you get him talking.

8. Currrrvy-on-crack

Currrrvy-on-crack Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello

I was there in Jan of this year and can say it was really really good - the beach is amazing (you must try the beach matresses - like sunbathing in your bed), the food good (buffet gets a bit repetitive at night, but very good), our room was good but I hear others had shower problems (which were resolved). We also got a free massage because we waited 1 night in the mexican restaurant witout being served (was a weird situation, so we just got up and left to go to the other restaurant). Staff very attentive - there is this outside bar with matresses as well - very good as well - say helllo to Alicia, the nicest bar person ever.

9. Bama-fan

Bama-fan Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We remember Angel, he's been there since our first year, he mostly worked the lobby bar last year.
    Our favorite, would have to be the waiter Manuel, he is a nut, always quick with a joke, and making us laugh our a$$ off.
    Currrrvy-on-crack is correct, the staff is very attentive. And we will tell Alicia hello, but not sure if she will know who Currrrvy-on-crack is. :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice