Oasis Playa **** AI

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Steve, Jan 23, 2005.

1. Katep

Katep Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Oasis Playa - Lovely?

Is the Oasis Playa back to normal after Hurricane Wilma? Me and my friend are coming in April from cold London and have read loads of mixed reviews on Trip Advisor and thought that someone may be able to give me a view since it has re opened.

Thank you

2. richelliot

richelliot Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    dates

just been contacted by my travel agents im going to the oasis playa march 29 and been told all work is due to finish march 31! been told its just minor finishing works in one of the towers oh and a new path is being created from the pool to the beach or something. guess will find out next week when i arrive.

3. mexicanwave

mexicanwave Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes, re-opened on March 4th. We're talking pretty minor works now.

4. ADELAIDE

ADELAIDE Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    plsssssssssssssss advice oasis player

:-| i am due to stay at the oasis playa may 1st and have just saw jims pictures from outside the hotel and also the hotels next to oasis playa (grand solaris and and solymar) which next to oasis playa, the pictures taken march 21st and doesnt look to good and the sand has that huge wall again that thought had been sorted. please can post some recent pictures of the beach outside oasis playa since then. would really appreciate!!!!!!!!!!!

5. al green

al green Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    goin here on may24th this year

got moved from hotetur beach paradise because they are still building.

is oasis playa ok now>?

6. lambert13

lambert13 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    A friend of mine just got back on the 10th from staing at the Oasis Playa. She said the hotel is in pretty good shape. Still a few post-hurricane problems, but nothing too major. Her biggest complaint was that the elevators didnt work sometimes, but that they were being worked on when she left. I will be there JUne 17th to the 25th this year and am hoping for all of the little problems to be worked out by then. From her pictures though, the beach was perfect, the pools were perfect, and the restaurants and bars were all great.

7. al green

al green Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thanks mate.it will be good anyway first time going and the weather in england at the moment is wet cold and windy so i cant wait to get out there.

8. al green

al green Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    just got back from here the hotel is very nice and there isnt any problems from the hurricane that i saw, the only downside to it is that there is very little evening entertainment. overall though i thought it was good the food is excellent aswell in the two restraunts, the buffet is a bit cold sometimes but its good for a quick snack wenever you want one.

9. clairejones

clairejones Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have just come back from Moon Palace but my husband's family stayed in this hotel and they said they enjoyed it.

Me and a couple of the girls went to see them one night and paid for a night pass, but getting served there was an absolute nightmare! Me and my friend went to the bar and ordered drinks for 8 of us and the barman was an absolute w****r - he would only give us two drinks at a time and would then serve someone else and then come back to us so it took us 15 minutes at the bar each time we went. We complained to the manager, but he was another w****r and would not listen to us!

The other thing was when we asked for vodka it came out of the squirty thing that the coke and lemonade comes from, which was a bit strange!

The lobby area we saw was very nice though, it was all black and red and oriental. I also heard that you had to pay for wine with your meal, but I don't know if this is true as it is supposed to be all inclusive?!

10. angel_eyes

angel_eyes Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi
    We stayed at the Oasis Playa from 28 May to 11 June and had no complaints at all apart from it probably being a bit far out from anywhere but the bus service meant that this wasnt ever a problem!

I agree that the bar service could be slow at time but once the barmen got to know the 'regulars' they sorted you out with drink pretty quickly with the exception of the lobby bar which was always slow!

Any questions feel free to ask

Lx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice