Oasis Playa **** AI

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Steve, Jan 23, 2005.

1. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Oasis Playa

Post comments, reviews, trip reports and links to your pictures for Oasis Playa here.

Located at Km16 it is a 20 minute bus journey to the party center. This hotel is Ocean side. Downtown is a 40 minute bus journey away.

Check the links below for information, availability and pricing with the following operators:

Best Day Cancun

Cancuntravel

Travel Center

2. Guitar Guy

Guitar Guy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Oasis Playa next week??

Does anyone have the telephone # for the Oasis Playa?
    What's the best way for my family to reach me when I'm down there...call the hotel and my room # & leave a msg?

3. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Oasis Playa pH#: 52-998-891-50-00

Consider renting a cell phone thru http://www.cancunvalet.com Reasonable rates, and your family can reach you wherever you are ...
    :blueshock:

4. Liz

Liz Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was there in August and the beach was goregous. I am not sure how it is now since the hurricane.

5. babyskys01

babyskys01 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    more info?

Does anyone have more information on this hotel from when you stayed there? I'm staying there this year, I would love to know everything I need to know about this hotel ?? How was your stay?

Also, how is the beach looking after the hurricanne?

Thanks in advance!! :D

6. Liz

Liz Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I found it very hard to find any unbiased trip reports on tripadvisor and have not found too much information about the Oasis Playa so I thought it would be nice if I gave my perspective the good and the bad. This hotel is beautiful it is a lot nicer than the Oasis Cancun remember this is my opinnion so other people might see it differently. From the lobby there is a clear view of the lagoon it is so beautiful. They clean each tile of marble for what seems like five minutes. They are always cleaning yet their are bugs. A lot of people complain about this including myself but it is Mexico and after a couple of days you realize your house probably has a couple of spiders in it too. So I tolerated it but did get upgraded to a seventh floor lagoon view room because of the bugs. Also, the front desk was very helpful and understood english very well and they tried to make our vacation as good as possible. The food was not great but not too bad either. The pizza was made in a brick oven I ate the Margarita of Hawaiian pizza everyday and never got sick of it. Their was also a lady who made homemade quesadillas and then I topped it with some pico de gallo and yyyummy, very good omlettes for breakfast and great choices of bread my favorite the crossiants. Also before bed it was great to have a nice ham and cheese sandwich with ruby red tomatoes on it all on fresh bread. The hamburgers were okay only had those once and I brought those to the people who braided my hair I was listening to them talking and I heard them say tengo hambre so I brought them lunch and they were thankfull for it. The rooms are just like the oasis cancun we had two double beds pushed together and it was great I actually slept better since the beds were hard. The pool at the Oasis Playa is so cool it is like a wedding cake design oh and they have waterfalls around the pool bar that give a great back massage. You can see the ocean from the pool and there are plenty of activities to get invloved in. But way too much techno. What is up with mexico and technoLOL Someone mentioned to squeeze lime on the food to keep from getting sick and to bring out the flavor they were right I put it on some bland chicken and wow all the sudden marinated chicken. Everyone was really friendly and drunk by the pool bar lighted palm trees and fun people at night also. MY favorite place at the hotel were these ledges that were in the pool I layed on them everyday the water would be underneath you but not so much that you wouldnt be emmersed in water it was so relaxing and the sound of the waterfalls the ocean and the people having fun. This hotel was great and I would go back again. A lot better than the Oasis Cancun but probably not for spring break but any other time I would go back there especially for the price of 2700 dollars for four people you cannot beat that. If anyone has any questions about this hotel I would be more than happy to answer them for you.

You can find my pictures from the Oasis Playa at www.ofoto.com sign in under elizabeth_scanes@pipeline.owens.edu and the password is cancun02

7. jwedd

jwedd Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I stayed in oasis playa for march 10- march 17 this past year...i loved it! i was there for SB and the atmosphere was great. beach was great, no complaints at all. I suggest a saftey deposit box though. one of the guys we were with lost some stuff due to no saftey deposit box. its like 5 usd per day...its worth it. food wasnt so great, it will get you by but its not to great on taste but im not too picky so i was alright. always people cleaning, buffing the floor, polishing somehting...just always keeping the place clean. the rooms were great with AC and good pressure with as much hot water as you could want. this hotel is really great, were goin back next year to oasis playa. the best advice i can give you is, dont believe all the bad reviews...really dont believe them because they are not true whatsoever. Their wasnt a bad part about this hotel if you ask me...it was as close to perfect as it could be

Josh

8. CuteCanuck

CuteCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    February 2005

I emailed the hotel a few days ago and here is the reply that was sent if anyone was wondering how things were going after the hurricane. I dont know if this is just a general response, but its a response.

The Oasis Playa will be fully operacional in February 25th. Cancun it’s improving day by day and I believe things will be perfect in March.

9. angel_eyes

angel_eyes Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We are staying at the Oasis Playa in May and just wondered how it had faired following Wilma, are the pictures on the Oasis Hotels website since Wilma?

Thanx

Angel x

10. CuteCanuck

CuteCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There are no pics up on the site yet. I will let you know how it all was when I get back and let you know of any other updates as I hear them.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice