oasis food?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by gorjess88, Nov 6, 2007.

1. gorjess88

gorjess88 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ok so im just wondering what the foods like at the oasis cancun? whats available? is it edible? what to expect? what 'snack' food is available?
    thankssss

2. putangie63

putangie63 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You do not have access to all the restaurants at the oasis unless you book the grand oasis. You get access to a couple buffets and one a la carte meaning sit down restaurant if you book the regular oasis. There is also an outdoor sushi joint that is open for lunch. Snacks consist of chicken nuggets, burgers, hot dogs and fries. I'm not sure if you would call those snack type foods or not but that's what's available. These are served buffet style at a few of the bars on the property and at the sports bar inside Phase I. I didnt see any chips/cookie snacks that were available to just grab and take to your room. I found nearly all of the food to be edible, but most of it was just average or below average in my honest opinion. You might want to shy away from the beef products.

3. gorjess88

gorjess88 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    yeh but whats actually at the buffets? examples?

4. putangie63

putangie63 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I only ate at the one buffet (Tatish International). The other buffet is more italian i think. Usually it was fruits, salads, pastas, grilled chicken and beef, and other concoctions that i just cant remember.

5. Fletch

Fletch Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    the main (cheap) buffet is standard stuff.....hot dogs, burgers, chicken nuggets and fries......kinda gross, but when you're drunk who really cares right

6. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    The "MAIN" sit down buffet has anything and everything you can imagine!! Pizza, sandwiches, fruit, chicken,steak,potatoes, honestly.....anything you can imagine!! Yes, fletch they have a few little "stands" around the resort with hot dogs and hamburgers.......but at the sit down buffet it is REALLY nice!! Thats where I had my food everyday, breakfast, lunch, and dinner!! Especially breakfast, they have the best breakfast by far, its so good!!

7. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    MOST MEXICAN buffets tend to have the same things not matter the hotel, for lunch they offer burgers, fries, pizza and that sort of thing. Dinner, is usually your veggies, potatoes, rice, chicken, meats. and so on, salads, and desserts. The sit down A la Cartes are where you order from Menus. They tend to be the nicer of the restaurants.

8. ACBUD420

ACBUD420 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I lived off the oasis food last year.. well, that and they're alcohol. The food was just fine.

9. trigger2002

trigger2002 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    not too worried aslong as theres lots of chicken for me to eat it gos down well when im hungover :lol:

10. hw711

hw711 Moderator/Dance Machine Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Worse case, you can always try to catch a peacock in the courtyard and bbq it yourself.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice