Oasis Cancun status

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by LSDetroit, Feb 21, 2007.

1. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    hahaha thats the little "reps" they use to do the dirty work!! Not the managers and vice president that Im friends with! My friends just hang with the celebs all week and chill out, thats the life. Cant wait to see my buddy TJ and TC, crazy ass dudes!!

2. LSDetroit

LSDetroit Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Believe me, It's a lot better to know this shit in advance than get smacked in the jaw with it when you arrive.

As far as the hotel goes, it deserves 0 stars. I'm sorry, but this place is nowhere close to the level of a motel 6. And there is no excuse for the way the staff treats people, I don't care if this is Mexico. The bouncers at the Reserve are friendlier than this crowd.

As far as the beach/pool scene goes, its 5 star. The breakers there are awesome. You will have fun, just don't let the rest of the place get you down. Oh, and make sure to save up all the extra money you can.

Haha, I should put together an Oasis Cancun survival guide...

This stuff I keep reading about flooding, sewage and fires has got me seriously worried. There is a great report on Tripadvisor right now where one of the buildings was on fire and the clerk at the grand oasis told the guest to go back to his room, in the burning hotel... Based on my experience, that is exactly how I would expect them to respond.

3. KP_Da_CANCUN_LEGEND

KP_Da_CANCUN_LEGEND Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You guys will be the ones, getting the day passes and wishing you were staying here, as in the Oasis. I have seen plenty of people downgrade, for what they have heard and then, change there mind once that day pass is about to expire only to be the 1st one in line the next day getting another. Good Luck in finding your hotel

4. P H I L A D E L P H

P H I L A D E L P H Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    yea i agree, those reps are usually dorks. they tell on each other and try to get each sent home. on their nights off, they can be sent home for dancing "too close" to other reps and such. my buddy did it last year and told me he wouldn't even go back to cancun because he had such a bad time working for them.

however, years ago i used to know reps who were crazy. they basically got to do whatever they wanted and lived in the cancun clipper or the continental villas (i don't remember). they used to get hammered every night and party like they were on vacation for a year straight.

5. f355969

f355969 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just a piece of advice for anybody who is worried about going to the Oasis or any other hotel for that matter. I have been south many many times and random roadtrips all over. I have learned over the years that the party and fun comes from yourself and what you make of it. Certain things help but are not neccasary. I really don't care much about the room as I am only in there a few hours a night. If it's clean that is all I care about. If you are a negative you will find faults even at the most expensive and classiest hotels. You can have fun anyplace you want. The party is what you make it.

Most people will tell you the negative about a trip. For example, me and a bunch of buddies took a road trip to Wasaga Beach, booked a cottage off the internet. Looked great but when we got there found out the guy owned many cotteges and took the picture of the best one. We were not even where we were supposed to be. We had 12 guys and the place was supposed to accomedate all of us and didn't, some of us slept in our cars since there was no room. This place was such a trash hole there was a toilet in the front yard, real classy. Point is I don't remember those issues first, I remember the amazing time me and my buddies had for 4 days partying all day and night. YOU MAKE YOUR OWN FUN, plain and simple.

6. ACBUD420

ACBUD420 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

very very well said

7. KP_Da_CANCUN_LEGEND

KP_Da_CANCUN_LEGEND Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Before, scrolling down, I see ACBUD420 took the words right out my mouth so, I will hit you with a TRIPLE very very very well said, f355969 on that one, I also think respect goes a long way. If you have issues nip em in the bud asap. Its all about the approach when handling a situation if you approach them hostile and make demands for problems, I dont see them making it a priority. Approach staff respectfully, ask to speak to a manager if necessary and everything should be ok.

8. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I agree no need to be disrespectful to the staff

9. P H I L A D E L P H

P H I L A D E L P H Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    yea in 2005 me and my friends check into the el pueblito like "what the f**k...we need to get out of here."

but, it ended up being the best week of my life. it was one of the worst hotels i ever stayed in but i would stay there again in a heart beat. go figure.

10. Kait13

Kait13 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    totally.. i mean el pueb was what you got for your money... but its really what you make of it... also, how could you not like a drunk slide :lol:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice