Oasis Cancun Questions

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by putangie63, Jan 27, 2007.

1. putangie63

putangie63 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    First off i'll be staying at the oasis cancun (all inclusive) from march 11-18th with 11 of my college friends (5 rooms total and all of us 21-22 yrs old) flying from chicago. We booked it through a travel agent who booked through apple vacations.

I've read so much on this board about the oasis that i'm looking for some straight answers. Here are my questions:

1. I asked my travel agent about any deposit that we would have to give upon arrival and she said there would not be one. Is this accurate cause i've read about the 25$ or 100$ deposits?

2. What restaurants will we have access to?

3. Can we visit the other oasis resorts and drink/eat there for free?

4. What phase is the best one to be in? Do you only get to eat certain places based on the phase you are in?

5. What hours are alcoholic drinks served? Any advice on the least crowded bar (even though i know the place will be packed)

6. Has anyone ever used their marina for the free watersports (paddleboats etc)?

Any other current info would be appreciated...THANKS!

2. ACBUD420

ACBUD420 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello and Welcome aboard!
    I'll be there the 10th -17th...

Im pretty sure there's gonna be a deposit if you're under 25.. how much? I have no friggin clue.

As for your other questions.. I also have no friggin clue.

See you there.

(sorry.. little drunk here..)

3. KP_Da_CANCUN_LEGEND

KP_Da_CANCUN_LEGEND Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    putangie63- Your only hope for a straight answer from the horses mouth is to call the Oasis, mostly everything you here on this board is what travelers have heard or experienced for themselves. If you dont want to use your cell phone buy a cheap phone card for 5us dollars and ask away, most operators speak english and will be more than happy to answer your questions.

Heres the number from the USA
    011 52 998 881 7000

4. mrmodel21

mrmodel21 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Im going to Oasis Cancun in 13days, from feb 10-17. My resort check-in pass that came with my boarding tickets say that the deposit is $25us. It says it right on my pass. So im assuming that its 25. my friend and are 21 so it includes us too. If they do try to make you pay, just say no. You can always be like no bc on the pass it says 25, so 25 is what your gonna pay. Even on the hotels actual Resort webpage and in some travel books, they all say 25.

5. DConCT

DConCT CC's SB Godfather Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I disagree.

It's Cancun. If they say it's $25, $50, $200... that's what you will pay.

6. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Don's right...you pay what they say or you don't check in.

Don't make the mistake of thinking you can get get all high and righteous with the front desk people. If you don't pay them what they set as the security deposit then you don't check in.

No skin off their teeth...lots of others will gladly take your room. And don't expect a refund from the resort either. For that you have to deal with whatever company you booked your trip though...once you're home.

If you have one, take a credit card to use as the deposit or to be safe throw a $100 a side for the deposit. It is not unheard of for Spring Break for the deposits to go that high.

7. P H I L A D E L P H

P H I L A D E L P H Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I never understood why they just don't include it in the price of the room but for whatever reason, its very confusing.

8. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Partly because it changes depending on the time of yasr (and sometimes there isn't one) but mainly because when you book through a charter company like Apple you are paying Apple for rooms they already pre-bought from the Oasis.

The Oasis gets their money from Apple but Applle isn't going to be responsible for any damage done so the resort makes the individual guests responsible for the security deposit.

That's why when you book through a charter company you are really only buying a room from them and not a stay at a specific resort.

It hardly ever happens but the charter company can switch resorts on you for basically any reason as long as they put you in another resort of the same class that you paid for.

9. apple

apple Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    suzanne posted some information on a thread regarding the deposit but i cant seem to find it :?

i shall keep searching :-|

10. apple

apple Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice