Oasis Cancun Fails British H&S Regulations....

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Braggy, Feb 28, 2007.

1. Braggy

Braggy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ey up, just thought i'd pre-warn British travellers going to this Hotel if you havent already heard....

I was informed yesterday that the Oasis Cancun failed on one part of British Health and Safety regulations... They state that there must be a fire alarm in each room and if one isn't in each room, outside each room with a plan of the hotel with the nearest fire escape... Well there aint in the Oasis Cancun.

Not really a big deal, however i would maybe ask your travel agent to see if your insurance is still valid and also you can move hotel if you do not wish to stay there because of this....

We're still staying there like, we will be too pissed to care if there's a fire!!!

7 Days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Bin man is worried about fire alarms?

3. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    actually........... like karan stated in another thread, your rooms were likely OVER booked and you are getting bumped! Lots of agency's use that as a reason, 99.9% you were over booked and now bumped from the hotel! The oasis is 100% booked for the month of march, so.... you were likely over booked! Sucks but you will get in a good hotel.

4. Braggy

Braggy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    No no... they aint swapping our hotels... they were just informing us as we have to sign a declaration... It passes mexican H&S regs fine, just the british one's...

Every one they got in touch with is still staying there, they are just covering their backs in case a fire does kick off.....

5. Braggy

Braggy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Haha, and i am not worried about fire alarms.... my bin bag will put the fires out!! haha

6. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    ahhhh I see what you are saying!!! Good then! Cause the oasis is going to be OFF THE CHARTS in march!!

7. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Oh so they aren't moving you guys then?

8. Braggy

Braggy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Maybe i didn't explain it clearly enough....

FAO British Tourists: You can still stay there, you just have to be made aware for obvious reason...

Now that the boring stuff is out the way.. im off to buy sun loation!!

9. can'tfookinwait

can'tfookinwait Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Braggy, i got this exact same call as you mate. Told us we weren't covered by the them if out goes wrong in the hotel, we're going to see if we can get independent insurance from someone else. Did they say to you that you weren't coverd for anything in the hotel e.g. theft or other accidents or was it that you just ain't covered incase of a fire?

10. Braggy

Braggy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    No, they gave us the choice... personal preference i imagine....

Older folk would probably move.. but we couldnt care less!!

Party Time!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice