Oasis Cancun **** AI

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Steve, Jan 23, 2005.

1. keginthecloset

keginthecloset Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Question.

Looking to go to Spring Break next March. Will only be 19 then. May just be me and some friends.

I was in Cancun this past March and stayed at CPC, it was awesome.

Right now, assuming we can find some people old enough (must be 30 to check in at CPC) I am leaning towards going back to CPC, stay in a timeshare though from Golden Shores, and it will cost us 990. The price for the room and AI is exact and then I figured in 350 for air both ways.

I have looked at Oasis but the cheapest I can find for that is 1300. Where in the world do people get their deals for under 1000? Also, a concern I have is that I believe I read on Oasis's site that the latest their bar is open is 12....umm I don't plan on going out to the clubs every night because that gets expensive and it's not as fun.

Those are the reasons I am leaning towards going back to CPC even though it's not a spring breakers resort we have enough people going 6-8 of us and I am hoping to meat a few down there, second week of March. I figure at least one of the bars at CPC is open until 1 and then if we want to we can buy some beer off the resort and carry on the party since we would be in a timeshare room, that is plenty big.

So yeah, sorry for the long ass post but if anyone can help me out with the price at Oasis that would be great. Where in the world do you go for the deals? I've been to google and I clicked on about every freakin site and the cheapest thing I come up with is 1300. Forget that.

2. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Welcome aboard! Spring break, eh? You might want to post in the Breakers Forum and say hello. They seem to be on top of the deals, and you can coordinate your trip so you can hang with them in one of CancunCare's parties:
    http://www.cancuncare.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=7

3. Steve&Kyla

Steve&Kyla Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We stayed there a couple of years ago and will NEVER stay there again! Too many things bad to list about this place!!

4. svtcobra242

svtcobra242 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well not only will I post the Bad, but I will also post the good
    Check in was fast for us. We arrived at 5pm, it was the day After Dean so, and of course the place would be empty.
    The sliding door did not work properly, but I was cool with it.
    My room had A/C and it worked all of my stay. My brothers room however also had A/C but it would only get as cold as 74 degrees or so. His floors were always moist due to that.
    The Food was very good. I liked every restaurant. I was at the Oasis not the GRAND OASIS, so we could not eat at two restaurants. Big Deal.
    The first night it rained, both of our rooms were flooded. We called and they came to clean up. The second time it rained, again the rooms were flooded with water and I don’t mean a little wet. The second time it happened at night during our sleep, we did not reported it because it was time to check out, so I did not make a big deal out of it.
    My tub was about 90% clogged. The water would take forever to drain. I called the reception and they said they would send someone up. That never happened. About after three calls and two hours later I went down. The guy at the reception said “I already called Maintenance” and he looked at me with that face of “what do you want me to do now”? I dealt with it for the rest of our stay. I managed to unclog it a bit more myself.
    If I had to rate this hotel from 1-10 I would give it a 5. Because not all rooms are bad (I think) currently they are remodeling Phase 1. During my stay, all the people from Phase 1 were moved to Phase 2. The crowd is awesome, especially if you are single. This is a cool party hotel. The food is good and best of all it was cheap to stay there. If you have kids and are looking for a Kids Club, you will not find one. However, they recently became part of the Royal Holiday Club. The Grand Oasis at least, and they have plans to start making this a more family oriented place. And like I said, they are renovating the rooms. However, they need to work on their reception staff. I left my camera there after checking out. When I called from the airport, they said they did not have it. After fighting with them, it turns out they found it.
    Like I said, you get what you pay for. I would not go there again unless it was the Grand Oasis. If I had free rooms, I would go there again...lol...

5. PARTYCOUPLE

PARTYCOUPLE Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    JAN 5TH -10TH

ANYONE GOING THESE DAYS?

6. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Re: JAN 5TH -10TH

what dates? :lol:

7. DConCT

DConCT CC's SB Godfather Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Re: JAN 5TH -10TH

Jan 5th thru the 10th.

8. PARTYCOUPLE

PARTYCOUPLE Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    JAN 5TH THRU THE 10TH

9. Tina

Tina Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Can someone tell me if they have towel service?

10. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    they did last year when I was there! Stands a good chance they still do!! :p

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice