Oasis Cancun **** AI

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Steve, Jan 23, 2005.

1. LSDetroit

LSDetroit Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Lucifer has given a pretty good account of this hotel. There are usually a lot of cool people partying here during the day and a ton of hot girls on spring break. But that is about the only thing good about this hotel.

They do tend to treat everyone under thirty like crap. Despite what they say online and in the brochures, you will not have access to any of the ala carte restaurants. This has nothing to do with who you book your vacation through. If you have a problem, the staff will pretend not to understand you even if you speak fluent spanish. Yet they will understand a middle aged person's english perfectly.

I found out the hard way about the bracelet issue and it really destroyed my mood for the rest of the vacation. I hadn't budgeted for this and it felt like paying for sex. What is the point of even going out to the nightclubs if you can't hook up with someone from a different hotel. After this I concentrated on the girls in the hotel itself. This worked out slightly better but I found that even then a lot of the staff will give you a problem if you have a phase 2 band and try to enter phase 1 and vice versa. Although it usually wasn't that difficult to get around these people.

The buffets look straight out of Fear Factor. Despite 8 days of constant drinking, I managed to lose 15 pounds.

2. svtcobra242

svtcobra242 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Any recent updates on this location? PIcs?

3. Rated_SiR

Rated_SiR Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just got back from the Oasis a few days ago. Debba9802's pics and account of the hotel is pretty much bang on except for the fact that they have finished painting the exterior. The pics can be viewed here:

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8EaM3DJo4aN1Y

First off, I will say that the pool area of the hotel is very nice. The rooms however are nothing short of horrendous. There was very little hot water. In fact there was none -- it was luke warm at best and sometimes stone cold. The toilet overflowed as did the bathtub. The service is terrible. Our phone didn't work (the cord was ripped). When a phone tech came to replace it, he stole my cell phone off the table. In addition, the cleaning staff left our room door open one day. Totally ridiculous. Oh, and if you're considering using the "safe" in your room... don't bother. You're better off locking your stuff up in your suitcase as I'm sure the safe can be cracked open with a screwdriver.

You cannot eat at the "nice" restaurants unless you're staying at the Grand Oasis or have a purple wristband indicating that you're 27 or older. On the topic of wristbands, don't lose yours or you'll be expected to pay $100 USD to replace it. As mentioned, they are anal about wristbands all over the hotel. I found not being able to bring people back to the hotel completely absurd.

The convenience store in the lobby did not have change most of the time. How difficult is it to go to the bank and get a bunch of different bills so people will be able to break 100 or 200 peso bills?

I strongly discourage anyone from staying here. Although it is the "party hotel" of Cancun, the hotel itself is a dump. Next time I'm staying at the Riu.

4. BCstandsFor

BCstandsFor I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    wth? The stopped you from doing that?

5. putangie63

putangie63 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This is an honest review of this hotel. I have stayed places from days inns to the beverly hills hotel and places in between. This places is not worth your money even if you are looking to party. I was here on spring break of course and the accomadations at the oasis are less than 2 stars. Depending on the room you get they are 1.5 stars at best with most at the 1 star level. The air conditioning in our room didnt work for a few days but was fixed. The bathroom smelled and the toilet looked all stained and dirty. The balconies are covered in paint are not really that nice. The tv's are small and our beds only had a top comforter with a flat sheet and no blanket. There was also standing water in some places which was a hazard. I found the staff to be friendly and the grounds were beautiful with peacocks running around everywhere. The beaches are a bit nicer in other areas. Be forwarned that unless you book the grand oasis (upgraded rooms in a seperate building) then you will not have access to all the restaurants. I would not reccomend this hotel and will not stay here ever again unless i book the grand oasis.

-Another note on the food: The burgers and dogs were barely edible. We had access to the 3 buffets for bfast, lunch and dinner. We could eat at the sushi bar and sarape al a carte mexican restuarant for lunch and the sarape for dinner.

6. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Well........ I stayed here from March 9-16 2007 this past spring break! I must say, we must have gotten a good room because our room was wonderful! Newly painted although you couldnt smell it, nice painting on the wall, comfortable bed, nice bathroom, and a nice HUGE fruit tray they brought us after check in! Ocean front room facing the beach, couldnt ask for more. We had full access to all the places to eat, but usually had the buffet, which was good for all meals! Not a 5 star hotel by any means, however, if you are going for a party, this is the hotel to be at! If you are going for a vacation and a getaway, i would stay at another place! All in all, I enjoyed it and will go back, assuming I go back for spring break.

7. YetiPl

YetiPl Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just got back from the oasis my room had some problems such as no plug for the bathtub or antenna for the tv and some other thinks. Food in the buffet was not bad at all .You people bitch too much. When I first read all those negative reviews, it got me scared but now once I got back from it I can honestly say that it was very good, staff was good to me. i lost my key once and left it in the room twice they opened my room right away. Always had hot water would stay again for sure.Oh and it don’t matter what room you have you will stay there only for the night.

8. putangie63

putangie63 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The room definetely wasn't worth the 1800.00 bucks. There are much nicer places to stay at in cancun, but if you are looking to party and don't care about the accomadations then this is your place. I'm also a pretty laid back guy so i probably won't stay here again.

9. svtcobra242

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Anyone throw out some recent Pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. svtcobra242

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    (BUMP)........................
    Any recent updates?????

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice