Oasis Cancun **** AI

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Steve, Jan 23, 2005.

1. PierreLambert

PierreLambert Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Going back january 5th , 2007. Somebody is going 2 ???

Can't w8 !

2. WolfCandy3x

WolfCandy3x Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey Pierre !

We'll be there from the 24th to the 31th with 6 other friends and then as soon as we arrive back in Montreal on NYE it's a sprint towards Bell Center for Celebration 2007 ( Rave ) Gonna be Awsome !

Candy and Wolf From Mtl :)

3. debba9802

debba9802 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The Oasis is absolutely disgusting. We were supposed to have "Grand" Oasis rooms but were put into building one (not sure what "phase") which they told us was also Grand Oasis. This was apparently a lie. I've now heard from other travelers that the outer buildings are actually the Oasis. Although, all 4 outer building are a disgrace - no matter what you want to call them.

There was water flooding the rooms/hallways, plumbing backed up from the toilets, smelly water leaking from the sinks and toilets, NO hot water and NO a/c when we got into our rooms.

The pics on the website were obviously taken a long time ago b/c this is what the property looked like Nov 1 - 6, 2006:

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8EaM3DJo4aN1Y
    [media=youtube]G8EBiMeeDHA[/media]
    [media=youtube]52Hht-2b1w8[/media]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2017
  4. WolfCandy3x

WolfCandy3x Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Bahhhh,

Too late now ! lollll I booked this morning for The Oasis Cancun from Dec. 24th to the 31st.
    N'way between You and I, as long as we have a room to sleep, AI drinks and Food a hut on the beach would have been enough... It's Cancun ! lolllll

Plus, as the low price of 999.87 Tx Incl it's a steal from Montreal,Qc

Francis and Marianne

5. debba9802

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Francis and Marianne,
    Good luck! They couldn't PAY ME to go back there. I don't have many requirements besides a dry room with plumbing that functions - hot water is also a plus! Let me know how it goes.

Deb

6. WolfCandy3x

WolfCandy3x Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Deb,

Wanna know what's bad about the situation... Once you clicked enter to reserve, you THEN get a
    message from the travel agency that they are renovating from Sept 04th to Dec 22nd...

We stayed at the El Pueblito 2 Years Ago, the reviews were sooo bad, I almost cancelled.
    I figured bahhh whats the worst that can happen? To my surprise the essentials were there...

The sound of the beach when you wake up is priceless... Can't wait to eear it again....

With the jackhammer playing percussion lolll I'll take fotos and video has well when we get there.

Beside, last time i complained to our travel agent, we each got 200$ back.. and that from a 599$ trip ! lollll

Francis

7. debba9802

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hmm, they didn't seem to be very productive workers so I doubt they will be done with the construction only a month and a half after our trip. Maybe they are off for Feliz Navidad?

Sunday was the only day that I wasn't woken up by the noise. They were working right above my head (I was on the 3rd floor and the construction was on the 4th floor) and started very early in the morning.

We paid over $1000 for only 5 nights. We booked thru the hotel directly so I didn't have any luck getting a refund of any amount. I reported them to PROFECO though, a consumer agency in Mexico.

I hope that it doesn't rain while you are there - b/c when it rains outside, it also rains inside!

I look forward to seeing some pics from your trip!

8. WolfCandy3x

WolfCandy3x Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Deb,

Just finished talking with the Rep. from SunQuest, and he tells me that if for any reason whats so ever, we are
    not confortable with that hotel, they will change us to any of the other Oasis in the same $$ group for free.

Oasis Palm
    Oasis Viva Cancun
    Oasis America

N'way, no use getting hearthburns over this lollll Not yet anyways loll

Francis and Marianne

9. debba9802

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Francis,
    That's good news. We had a really large group and they said they were only able to move some people to the Oasis Playa. That was the only option they gave our group. The rest of us were stuck in the dump. :(

10. debba9802

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Btw, I stayed at the Viva in 2001 when it was Calinda Viva and didn't have any problems there. I don't know how it is now that it's been taken over by the Oasis group though.

Deb

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice