Oasis Cancun **** AI

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Steve, Jan 23, 2005.

1. edm_1

edm_1 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have a similar queston....does anyone know what other oasis hotel is close to the oasis cancun/grand....we want to use our priv. to go to another one for the day...

Thoughts on the best one to visit and how close they are??

Thanks, jess

2. jjmds2000

jjmds2000 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    help

i was just on trip adviser and people are hammering this hotel.can any body tell me that is the deal thanks

3. zurdoh44

zurdoh44 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    as I responded in a different part of these forums, I would not stay at the Grand Oasis again, in my life. it took them 3 hours to find us a room, and if we had known why beforehand, we would have run to the nearest hotel there. their card keys were not working, so we saw many people coming to the check-in place, asking for a different room. that shoudl have been it. when we finally got our room, they could not tell us exactly where it was located!! the people that work there did not help us at all to get to our room, and our luggage arrived three hours later!! and only after we complained many times to the concierge.
    first thing we notice, the room is hot and humid. SECOND WARNING. the A/C was not working. we called the concierge again, and they sort of laughed at us, telling us that it was a hotel-wide problem, and that it would be resolved in less than 30 minutes.
    so we went to dinner, and stayed a couple of hours walking around the hotel, getting to know it better.
    we got back to our room around 1 AM, and the A/C was still not working. they said they were still working on it. so we had to sleep with our windows open, and the A/C on, in the hopes that it would work.
    it NEVER did.

4. dmbBluejay

dmbBluejay Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    How do you ensure you don't get put it phase one (thats the worst building, right??) My friend and I are both 24 years old, been out of college for 3 years (aka we are not on spring break, just going for a vacation)... and do they treat non college kids any better? We look young but we can make it clear we're not college kids if that helps... the bad reviews are starting to worry me!

5. KP_Da_CANCUN_LEGEND

KP_Da_CANCUN_LEGEND Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You can request Phase II upon arrival if they placed you in Phase I. Trust me, don't believe everything you read on Trip Advisor. It is not as bad as people make it seem. Phase I is better anyways trust me..

6. GCPSgirl

GCPSgirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Good luck. lol

Stay drunk and have fun....Ignore all the bad and enjoy the party.

7. dmbBluejay

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Okay well, I just want to request whichever will have the better rooms... so I would assume Phase II. Although I hear the plumbing and AC conditions are bad all across the board anyways...

ahh well, should be a blast no matter what! Thanks for responding :)

8. dmbBluejay

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Trying to figure out the current "insurance" rates they charge you there and to what age it applies???? Anyone been there recently with insight?

9. dmbBluejay

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    (Bump)

Anyone know how to avoid the insurance charges, and at what age they are manatory? Can you avoid it if you are not a college student?

10. Alpha

Alpha Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think it's $100 refundable or $25 non-refundable deposit per person. I don't think you can avoid it if you're under 27, even if you're not a student anymore. If you manage to convince them, please let me know how you did it ;)

EDIT: Btw, does anyone know how the laundry service works in Oasis and how much it costs? We'll be coming in directly from jungle training so some of our clothes will need a good wash(or two ;) ) - would we be better off finding a cleaning service downtown? Thanks!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice